iTunes not sharing

• Hi,

Has anyone got iTunes to work with daap on OMV. I am sharing my library but it's not appearing in iTunes Sharing.
    If there is another way of accessing the music on the OMV server let me know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a known problem of the forked-daapd server, sadly there are no bugfixes since ages (as far as i know) from the developer or anyone else. Due the fact that commercial NAS use this software too i expect they have fixed this already but i did not find any GPL sources from these NAS products that contain their patches beside the offical sources (which they MUST release because of the GPL). Maybe this could be a starting point for searching a bugfix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I had a similar problem long, long ago on Ubuntu Server and mediatomb, it was an ownership issue.

I had /media/Movies as the share, and all but a couple of files underneath it would share. Upon looking at the files and their
    permissions/ownership... Those directories somehow ended up owned by root. I just chowned/chmod'd them, and that resolved the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!