docker compose plugin - setting time for daily backup

• Hello all,

I have 2-3 docker compose backup related questions that I hope are easy to explain - apologies if I have missed a guide / FAQ but I have looked through everything (but not all of the 63 page thread).

1. for the backup, I have setup a daily job and it runs at 12am but I have set it to run at 2am. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

2. I think there is a way to 'tell' the backup job to exclude volumes but I am not sure how to do this. Can someone please explain

3. I do not understand what the CHANGE_TO_COMPOSE_DATA_PATH is for and if/when to use it. Can someone please explain

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

2. I think there is a way to 'tell' the backup job to exclude volumes but I am not sure how to do this. Can someone please explain

Add a comment to the end of the line # SKIP_BACKUP

Code
        volumes:
          - "/path/to/pages:/usr/share/nginx/html"
          - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock
          - /var/run/test:/test
          - /run/test:/test2
          - /tmp/test3:/test3 # BACKUP
          - /tmp/test4:/test4:ro
          - /tmp/test5:/test5 # SKIP_BACKUP
          - /tmp/test6:/test6
          - CHANGE_TO_COMPOSE_DATA_PATH:/test7

I do not understand what the CHANGE_TO_COMPOSE_DATA_PATH is for and if/when to use it. Can someone please explain

You use it in place of the path on the host. It will automatically replace the string with the path of the data shared folder you select on the Settings tab. It will only change it on the filesystem so that if you change the data sharedfolder, all of your compose files using the string will be updated automatically. So, it basically just keeps you from having to cut&paste the absolute path of the sharedfolder you want to put data in.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I have solved my first question by changing the backup type to 'certain date' and configuring this for 2am daily.

daily is a cron concept. So, are correct that using certain date is what you want if you want to run at a specific time.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thank you. Makes sense.

I have a shared folder called appdata where I have all of my container's data/config etc. I am using symlinks so my compose files points to the appdata location. For example:

Code
    volumes:
      - /symlinks/appdata/transovpn/data:/data

So I think the plugin is doing something similar - just without me having to use a symlink.

Using the plugin solution, I think the above volume definition would be replaced with the following. Can you confirm?

Code
    volumes:
      - CHANGE_TO_COMPOSE_DATA_PATH/transovpn/data:/data
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Can you confirm?

Yes if /symlinks/appdata is a symlink to the same sharedfolder absolute path the the datashared folder is set to.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!