Why is the cpu at 100% on my raspberry pi with docker and plex?

• Hi,

now my system is up and running finally (took me a few sleepless nights^^). I have OMV6 on a RPi4 with 4GB RAM (i will upgrade to a 8GB soon). There i run Plex in Docker. When i switch docker off the cpu seems to work properly. But as soon as i switch it on the CPU goes to 100% and more and stays there. It seems that idle is using much of the CPU. But is idle not like standby or something like that, where it isn't using many ressources?:/

What can be the cause of this and is there a way to fix this?

Find below a screenshot of the CPU usage.

Thanks for your help,

dissi :)

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • You use top or htop to see what processes are running and what resources are being used.

Plex can be a resource hog when gathering metadata and scanning videos for credits.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yeah, the Indexing portion of Plex sucks!

It's not a full time thing. But if you turn Plex loose on big library the first time, it can thrash. It's best to defer those tasks to off hours.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You use top or htop to see what processes are running and what resources are being used.

Plex can be a resource hog when gathering metadata and scanning videos for credits.

Looks like it's still scanning my media

How long could this take ca? It's running since 2 nights now. I have ~1Tb of films, music, etc.

• It's not a full time thing. But if you turn Plex loose on big library the first time, it can thrash. It's best to defer those tasks to off hours.

It works fine, no lags etc. Only the CPU usage is at 100%, also without playing media.

• Looks like it's still scanning my media

How long could this take ca? It's running since 2 nights now. I have ~1Tb of films, music, etc.

1Tb isn't all that much but you don't have a lot of CPU power there. I have no way to estimate the time needed.

--

• If it’s any help, I have 32 Cores, 12TB “movies” and 384GB Ram. And I have 120% cpu usage and over 2-3 hours when it was scanning and my fans were SOOOO LOUD. Yeah, I don’t need skip credits option and all that, I just disabled indexing and all that. I just wanna watch a damned movie.

• Some things you might be able to disable entirely or defer to scheduled maintenance and set that to run when the server is not in use.

Credits detection

Intro detection

Deep Analysis of music files

--

• Some things you might be able to disable entirely or defer to scheduled maintenance and set that to run when the server is not in use.

Credits detection

Intro detection

Deep Analysis of music files

Absolutely! I myself did that and unless doing transcoding [rarely but unless I am remote] I few to never get CPU usage that stands out anymore.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!