Beiträge von Dissi

Hi,

i was trying to change my setup a bit since my 2TB HDD is full. I guess it's because of the 'CashFactory' installed on it. So i wanted to move this to a USB Stick dedicated to this.

Now when i connect the USB i can mount it and create a file system. But then the yellow banner appears: pending configuration changes. I click on ok and it loads for 5 minutes with the response: changes applied. But the yellow banner won't dissapear. It's still there with the same changes. When i click ok again it loads another 5 minutes and after that it's still there. So what could be the problem? How can the changes being applied?

Please tell me what informations you need and i will give them (please also indicate where i can find that informations).

Thank you very much,

dissi

Did you read the post from macom ?

Everything is explained there

I have read it but i can't cd into /dev/sdc1

And yes i know he also writes to change the mounting point but to be honest i'm a bit afraid of doing that since i don't know if this step would have any other effect on my system. Is this step save? Do i only need to unmount it later and it's like now?

Edit: i tried it now but it seems not to help... The disk isn't at the bottom but in the middle with 276K. But still i can't cd inside this directory.

Sorry for my stupid questions, but i'm not that familiar with linux and cli, i'm still learning...

Edit 2: now i tried it with sudo and i cd /dev-disk-by-uuid-xxxx

But it seems that nothing is there, this is the output:

276K .

104K ./buildkit

40K ./network

40K ./image

28K ./volumes

16K ./plugins

16K ./docker-compose

8.0K ./overlay2

4.0K ./tmp

4.0K ./swarm

When i cd inside ./buildkit there is only this:

104K .

24K ./cache.db

16K ./snapshots.db

16K ./metadata_v2.db

16K ./history.db

16K ./containerdmeta.db

8.0K ./content

4.0K ./executor

Hi,

today i want to tell you about my special OMV build. I've setted it up some month ago and it's very unique in my opinion.

Some short facts:

Hardware:

- Raspberry Pi 4 Modell B with 8GB RAM

- WD HDD with 1,5 TB

- WD HDD with 4,5 TB

- Seagate* HDD with 500 GB

*(if i remember correctly; i used the HDD from my old laptop)

- USB Hub with external powersupply

Software:

- OMV 6 with docker compose

- inside docker runs a Plex Mediaserver

- and also "CashFactory" (a project from Github) runs inside docker

Software outside my build (on smartphone):

- Termius to SSH into my build

- FolderSync to make a daily backup of the fotos and videos on my smartphone

- Dateimanager+ to get a GUI access to the documents on my NAS

- Plex App to stream my DVD's

Also i set up a VPN connection from my Fritz!Box so i can access my NAS also from outside home

What i use it for:

- NAS - backups for my fotos, videos, documents, etc.

- Mediaserver to stream my ripped DVD's

- "Moneyprintingmachine"

Ok everything clear so far, but whats about that "moneyprintingmachine"?

I'm glad you ask ;) Some of you may know about some services that offers money in exchange to use your unsued internet bandwith (eg. Honeygain).

I used honeygain some years ago on an old smartphone which i left at home, connected over WLAN and to a powersupply, 24/7. After setting up my OMV build an idea crossed my mind: The rasberry is running 24/7 but i don't use it that much, even if it's running 24/7 and is consuming electricity which costs. Why shouldn't i make something 'usefull' out of it and install Honeygain on it, to get at least a bit of money back?

So i did it. When researching for how to do it i stumbled across another project: CashFactory. It's a project that unites some of those services like Honeygain. Everything installable inside docker. So i tried to get it running. It was a though thing, since some of them services aren't build for ARM architecture. So i found a workaround (emulating another processor).

But at the end i made it and i'm really happy with it :)

Now i just made the basics, the CashFactory docker is running on an HDD i also use for my videos and fotos. I think i will change this and install an USB stick that is dedicated only for the CashFactory, since my HDD is full and it wont work anymore because those services took every available space... But if someone has some tipps and tricks to secure it more or to improve it somehow i would really appreciate it :D

Have a nice day,

dissi :)

Hello,

i have some special OMV-Build on a raspberry pi 4 which consists of 3 components:

1. NAS

2. Plex Media Server

3. "Moneyprintingmachine"

I have 3 HDD attached to it (over a USB-Hub with an extern powersupply):

1. HDD: 1,5 TB

2. HDD: 500 GB

3. HDD: 4 TB

In this thread i want to focus on point 3.1. - "Moneyprintingmachine" with 1,5 TB HDD

First of all: What do i mean with "moneyprintingmachine"?

I used a service called Honeygain to share my unused internet in exchange for a little amount of money. First i used that service on an old smartphone at home connected to the internet and a powersupply. When i moved out from home i build that NAS with Plex Media Server. After some days an idea crossed my mind: installing honeygain inside docker on the rpi omv nas, since it's running 24/7. I stumbled accross a github project called CashFactory which includes some of them services like honeygain inside docker. It was a though thing to bring it up since some services didn't work with ARM so i found a workaround. I installed this docker on the 1,5 TB HDD, and saved on it also some fotos, videos, etc.

But now docker isn't working anymore. The HDD has run out of space, without putting more pictures or videos on it. I guess it's because of docker. I remember that in a tutorial i followed i could remove the barrier for Honeygain to take up only a certain disk space, instead it uses the whole space available. But i don't find this tutorial anymore.

My problem now is that docker doesn't run. Also the image files seem to be lost. Now i don't know what breaked my build but if i run docker prune -a it tells me that prune is available from docker v.25.+ and i have installed the v.24.+ when i try some other commands it tells can't connect to docker is the deamon even up? Or something like this. What does that mean? I tried to put the only image up i still have (plex) but it wont work, because i'm out of disk space.

How can i fix this? I didn't found out which folder takes up that much space, to delete that folder.

Also what would be best practise for such a thing? Would it be better to connect a single usb stick to the raspberry which is used only for the "moneyprintingmachine"? Do someone of you know a way i can fix this, or set up this " moneyprintingmachine" on a usb stick and fix the space issue somehow without moving the fotos, videos, etc. from one HDD to another HDD and formating the 1,5 TB HDD? So i'm searching for a solution with less work/circumstances as possible.

Thanks in advice,

Dissi :)

Hi,

it's a week now since i'm trying to run this tool called "CashFactory" on my Pi NAS, but it won't work...

In short: "CashFactory" is a tool that combines some bandwithsharing services like Honeygain, Peer2Profit, etc. and installs them all in once in a docker-compose.

What is my problem now?

My problem is that some images like Honeygain doesn't run on ARM devices. Therefore i try to run them in an emulated architecture (AMD64) but i fail every time... I installed the architecture emulation docker, tried to run the docker-compose with the --platform linux/amd64, to add a line in the .yml file on the service saying environment: -platform: linux/amd64, but nothing works...

Do you have any idea how i can run Honeygain in this "CashFactory" tool? I know that i could run Honeygain separat with docker run honeygain --platform linux/amd64 but why should i use the easy way, when i can do this also in a complicated way (with a nicer result since i have all services combined in one file) 8o

Thanks very much for your answers,

dissi

Hi,

while i was searching for ways to bring up Honeygain i found a project called "CashFactory" on GitHub which has some of those services like Honeygian combined.

I wanted to run it on my NAS Pi since i'm not using it 24/7 while it runs 24/7. So i tryed things and all, it says Started but there is nothing started... Do you guys have some ideas how to bring it up?

Specially thse AMD64 required tools. I have installed the tonistiigi/binfmt architecture emulator but don't know how i can say those aplications to use that instead of the original architecture... I tried to configure in the docker-compose.yml with a --platform linux/amd64 and also with --platform=linux/amd64 in front of those services who require that but nope, does not work...

For most of those i found a arm64/8 version butfor example Honeygain doesn't has such a version... Also the webserver won't run (which isn't that important).

Can you help me please? You can find the project here: https://github.com/OlivierGaland/CashFactory

Thank you very much,

This is the result of trying to run an amd64 image on arm hardware. It will not work.

If you can not find an image specific to your Pi hardware, you might have a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Honeygain/comments/tj8vfa/how_to_install_honeygain_on_a_raspberry_pi_with/

Thanks, i will give it a try :)

---

Edit:

If i would enter the right email instead of changing my password 100 times it would work :D

Thank you very much for your help ^^ this means i can go to sleep tonight instead of staying awake in front of my pc and trying to get something running ;)

Apparently this application is in beta phase, as can be read in the link you posted, and I would go here to see this problem. https://support.honeygain.com/hc/en-us

I know that it's in beta phase, but i still want to try it out, thanks ;)

---

Now i tried it with:

Code
    version: '3'

services:
      honeygain:
        container_name: honeygain
        image: honeygain/honeygain
        command: -tou-accept -email my.name@email.com -pass mylamepassword -device sweethoney01
        restart: unless-stopped

Which i found on this site: https://exitcode0.net/posts/honeygain-docker-compose-setup/

When i check the code it says everything fine. But when i want to bring it up it starts and goes instant down. Any idea? :/

This is equivalent to:

Converted from the website: https://www.composerize.com/

i got the following command after checking if the file is correct (changed devicename to something and entered my email; both without the 'quotes' (and with 'quotes' but neither works):

Zitat

500 - OK

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-357c54dd-fe25-46ed-80c0-e084f92409c3/docker-compose/honeygain/honeygain.yml' --env-file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-357c54dd-fe25-46ed-80c0-e084f92409c3/docker-compose/honeygain/honeygain.env' config 2>&1': validating /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-357c54dd-fe25-46ed-80c0-e084f92409c3/docker-compose/honeygain/honeygain.yml: services.honeygain.environment.0 must be a string

Hi,

i have created a OMV6 NAS with Plex in Docker on my RPi4 4GB (i will uograde it soon to a 8GB modell).

Since my old phone i used at home broke i wanted to install the App Honeygain now on the Pi inside a new Docker so that it can earn some passive income for me (not much but it's still a little more than nothing;)) while i'm not using it's ressources.

Since i'm new to Docker (and OMV) i'm wondering what would be the best steps to do this. This is their instruction site: https://hub.docker.com/r/honeygain/honeygain

- Can i create a new user + docker container and install it there?

- How do i tell it that it should install in that specific container?

- Which permissions/rights this new user must have?

- Has someone just tried this once?

- Is it even possible like that?

Thank you very much,

1. arm64

2. i have not fully understand the point with the command: do i run the command on the old one before i pull out the sd (so it creates some package for import or something) or on the new one to change the network interface? Sorry for dump question :/

3. for the IP changing on Plex i meant the app, that it finds the server with the new IP and some other apps probably to manage the file system over my phone ;)

Anyway, thank you very much :)

Hi,

in a few days my new RPi4 with 8GB RAM comes for a Server upgrade. Since it was a though thing to bring the server (RPi4 4GB) up the first time i want to make this as smooth as possible. So i wanted to ask if there is some recommended method to do this or is it enough to shut down the old Pi, extract the uSD-Card, put it in the new one and connect the HDDs to it? I'm just not sure because of the ip that changes.

I'm running Plex in Docker. Does this change affect something apart that i must put the new IP for the server in Plex?

Thanks,

Hi,

now my system is up and running finally (took me a few sleepless nights^^). I have OMV6 on a RPi4 with 4GB RAM (i will upgrade to a 8GB soon). There i run Plex in Docker. When i switch docker off the cpu seems to work properly. But as soon as i switch it on the CPU goes to 100% and more and stays there. It seems that idle is using much of the CPU. But is idle not like standby or something like that, where it isn't using many ressources?:/

What can be the cause of this and is there a way to fix this?

Find below a screenshot of the CPU usage.

Thanks for your help,

Post the compose file you are using.

Lol, went sleeping after nothing worked and now it works