16 Steps to install the new compose plugin and add portainer

• I know there are a lot of posts dealing with installing and settign up the new compose plugin and discussing the loss/new install of portainer. To save people wading through though loads of posts I thought I'd just publish the 16 steps required to do this. Based on OMV6. Also the YouTube video at

is a really good guide:

16 STEPS:

1. Update OMV from System/Update Management/Updates
    2. Go to System/Plugins and install the openmediavault-compose plugin
    3. Go to Storage/Shared Folders and Create a new shared folder called compose on your shared data drive (typically dev/sda)
    4. You can leave the file mode as Administrator:read/write……………………………. (I usually change this to Everyone read write)
    5. Go to Services/Compose/Settings and in the shared folder pulldown select compose (takes a while to save this change)
    6. Go to Services/Compose/Files and select the ‘Add from example’ icon (second from left. The ‘+’ sign)
    7. Scroll down the list to portainer and select it. I found the portainer one worked fine. I didn’t need the portainer-omvextras.. version
    8. Name it ‘portainer’ (or whatever you wish) in the Name field
    9. Now open a terminal (using PuTTy, Bitvise etc) and type docker container stop portainer
    10. Then type docker container rm portainer (this removes the ‘old’ portainer)
    11. Exit the terminal
    12. Go to Services/Compose/Files and select the ‘up’ icon (upwards pointing arrow inside a circle)
    13. Go to Services/Compose/Containers and you will see portainer running. You can click on the underlined 9000…. port to open its GUI
    14. Log into the new portainer with your chosed user/paswd
    15. Any other containers you had running before installing compose should still be there and running
    16. There are many example docker install files to choose from if you want to add more stuff (step 6)
  • macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • ryecoaaron

Hat das Label von core-plugin auf 3rd-party geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!