Another Error 500 while migrating to docker-compose

• Hi,

I tried to migrate from the "old" omv-extras docker to docker-compose following KM0201's guide https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/48003-guide-using-the-new-docker-plugin/ , but in step 11, after entering the new paths and trying to apply the changes, I got this error:

Docker shows as installed, but not running in the dashboard (it is activated in the omv-extras setting, though).

Maybe it's a little thing. I looked through some parts of the pinned thread regarding docker-compose, but I couldn't find a solution to this problem. Any ideas?

• Thanks for your reply. I think I found the reason for the error in the OMV-extras documentation: Don't use a mergerfs file system. (Maybe the guide could be extended by one sentence?)

Now I created the shares on another drive, and docker is running. But, unlike to what it says in the guide, my containers are not running. They also don't show if I enter "docker image ls" or "docker images" at the command line...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for your reply. I think I found the reason for the error in the OMV-extras documentation: Don't use a mergerfs file system. (Maybe the guide could be extended by one sentence?)

I assume you mean the footnote in this section. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…ompose_and_docker_folders What else would you add?

Now I created the shares on another drive, and docker is running. But, unlike to what it says in the guide, my containers are not running. They also don't show if I enter "docker image ls" or "docker images" at the command line...

I don't know the steps followed up to this point, so it's hard to answer.

• I assume you mean the footnote in this section. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…ompose_and_docker_folders What else would you add?

No, I was actually referring to the guide I mentioned in my first post. It was actually the wiki page that helped me find the problem, so I don't think it needs any editing.

Zitat

I don't know the steps followed up to this point, so it's hard to answer.

I followed KM0201's guide:

And that last sentence just doesn't hold for me. I can't find any containers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't find any containers.

Did you use the same docker storage path as you did when you created the containers? When you install the compose plugin, it should default to the current docker storage path if you have docker installed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you use the same docker storage path as you did when you created the containers? When you install the compose plugin, it should default to the current docker storage path if you have docker installed.

Ah, that did the trick. I was kind of wondering how the containers can run if the docker directory changes. OK, thanks for your help, and I'll post again here if I encounter any more trouble while migrating the containers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll post again here if I encounter any more trouble while migrating the containers.

This can also help you. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…openmediavault-compose_67

• Hmm, whenever I use the configuration file from portainer to create a new "file" in Compose and then press "up", I get:

Here's the file:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm, whenever I use the configuration file from portainer to create a new "file" in Compose and then press "up", I get:

Have you stopped and removed the container in Portainer previously?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I need to remove both?

Why not? Since it doesn't remove the persistent volumes, that shouldn't be a big deal. What version of docker and docker-compose is installed? The Settings tab tells you.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• No change. Even without the container, I get the same error.

One thing that puzzles me about the error message: When a command includes the command syntax in the error message, that usually means there is a syntax error in the command line. Could this be the case here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

When a command includes the command syntax in the error message, that usually means there is a syntax error in the command line. Could this be the case here?

It is if you have an incompatible version of docker and/or docker-compose installed on your system. I am using the plugin myself and it works fine for the expected version of docker and docker-compose. That is why I asked what version you had installed on your system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I can't allow docker.io from the Debian repos anymore. This means i386 will no longer be supported. Is your system i386? dpkg --print-architecture

• Offizieller Beitrag

If it is amd64, then you didn't enable the docker repo in omv-extras because your system has docker from the Debian repo installed. Enable the docker repo in omv-extras and then post the output of:

sudo omv-salt deploy run compose

• In my defence... docker was activated, but the command you posted did the trick; it's working now.

Thanks for your help!

For the sake of completeness, here's the output:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!