OMV6 With qbittorrent and wireguard?

• You posted the container log. What's in the application log?

nothing always empty

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• This sends *.torrent files and magnet urls to whatever $ip:port qbittorent is on. It did work, but I never really used it but maybe someone can use it as an example. I'm posting because I forgot about it until another thread topic.

• Update:

Qbittorrent has been updated to Release 4.6.3

Release announcement:https://www.qbittorrent.org/news

I have updated the gderf/qbittorrentvpn docker image to this latest version of Qbittorrent.

You can see the list of all my images and their tags, and pull statements here:

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/gderf/qbittorrentvpn/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated

If you pull using the :latest tag in your compose file, you will be upgraded to 4.6.3. If you want to stick with some other release, please use the appropriate tag from the above source.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi there, apologies if this is a silly question, but is it worth my time to try and get this setup working on my raspberry pi, or should I start from scratch and built my own docker container?

The image I supply will only run on AMD64/Intel hardware and I don't think images for other hardware can be built from the sources I use.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I'm interested in installing this container on OM7, but I don't know where to begin. The only two docker containers I've installed for now, were through docker-compose. I don't see a similar file here (https://github.com/gderf/docker-qbittorrentvpn)...?

(Once I'm past that hurdle, I was wondering whether you have experience/an opinion on the allegedly free Proton VPN (https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn)?)

(One hurdle further down the road is that I don't know what should be done with that VPN .conf file...)

Thanks in advance for your help!

• If using docker-compose you will need a compose file. I'll paste mine in below but you will have to make changes to it for your use case.

I have no experience with Proton VPN.

Follow the directions on the github page as to where to place the VPN .conf file.

See this page for how to login to the interface the first time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAI…n%20the%20container%20log.

My qbittorrentvpn compose file - You must change some things to match your use case.

--

• My qbittorrentvpn compose file - You must change some things to match your use case.

I didn't change that much. I didn't understand some variables, like NAME_SERVERS, and the HEALTH_CHECK ones. So I figured I would just leave them as is.

I obtained a Wireguard configuration file using this guide (https://protonvpn.com/support/wireguard-configurations/), and put it in ./config//wireguard and named it wg0.conf.

I'm able to access the WebUI, and added a few magnet links for testing purposes. Qbittorrent seems to be able to do something with them, as the file name is downloaded, but only the first added magnet link gets info about the actual files. Also, none of the torrents dowload. And in the left lower corner, an alarming message reads "qBittorrent client is not reachable".

I would like to test connectivity, both by qbittorrent and by the VPN I'm using, but I don't really know how. (Especially for the VPN, as only the Qbittorrent container is using it, and not the linux machine itself.)

Do I need to forward/open up some ports in my router configuration?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

• "qBittorrent client is not reachable".

I get this all the time. I have to restart the docker container and it seems to fix it.

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• I get this all the time. I have to restart the docker container and it seems to fix it.

I see. I was on my way to do that, but before doing it, I noticed the warning was gone... However, still nothing is downloading. Not even the metadata of the second magnet link I entered.

• I see. I was on my way to do that, but before doing it, I noticed the warning was gone... However, still nothing is downloading. Not even the metadata of the second magnet link I entered.

the red flame at the bottom means no open port.

• also your docker yaml is wrong

Code
          - ./config:/config
          - CHANGE_TO_COMPOSE_DATA_PATH/Qbittorrentdownloads:/downloads
    Code
          - PUID=${PUID}
          - PGID=${PGID}

• Ok... What port should I open then?

I added the following in Port forwarding on the UI of my Unifi Dream Router. But the flame is still there. And/or should I restart something?

no idea what port you have set you will have to look on qbittorret settings.

you have to select your user/group and the path you need for config and downloading.

• you have to select your user/group and the path you need for config and downloading.

Code
    root@NASLG2:/appdata/qbittorrentvpn/config/qBittorrent# ls
    cache  config  data

Based on this, I've got the impression the container is writing files into the correct config folder. No? I sure didn't create these subfolders.

no idea what port you have set you will have to look on qbittorret settings.

Isn't it 8999, based on the .yaml file? Also here, I see 8999:

But of course, my understanding can be wrong... :)

• Isn't it 8999, based on the .yaml file? Also here, I see 8999:

I have port 44444 open on my router and I have 44444 set in qbittorent.

as for the paths here is my compose yaml to give you an idea.

• I have port 44444 open on my router and I have 44444 set in qbittorent.

But based on my screenshot, I opened the right port, no?

I see my config file is 'buried too deep' bit since I reference it, is that really a problem? Is that what causes the non-downloading?

(I won't be able to test anything until Monday, but any guidance is always useful and interesting :))

• IF you have opened that port its fine. The path issue is your main issue and that's why you are having problems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!