[KVM] no mouse cursor in noVNC console

• First post on this forum :) . I spent days migrating from a Synology Diskstation to OMV, including lots of docker containers. Most configuration topics went smooth, some needed a certain amount of troubleshooting as is expected with such a migration 8o

There's one (relatively futile...) configuration item left that I can't figure out. When running an Ubuntu 22.04 VM using the KVM plugin, there is no mouse cursor in the noVNC console. The mouse only works when guessing where about the cursor is on the screen. Using the spice-html5 console the cursor is working, but I find spice unusable slow...

When searching I found some tips in old topics about changing the number of CPU cores, this makes no change. Also Ubuntu 20.04 is showing this behavior.

Anybody has a clue how to fix this?

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The noVnc console is really just meant to install the OS. Once the OS is installed, you should use a remote desktop in the guest. I would use xrdp.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I wasn't aware that the noVNC use case was the OS install. I like the responsiveness (and it to work out of the box).

Indeed in that case I'll go for a solution like xrdp.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wasn't aware that the noVNC use case was the OS install. I like the responsiveness (and it to work out of the box).

Indeed in that case I'll go for a solution like xrdp.

There is no actual restriction for that. It is just what I recommend. Do you not have a cursor for spice as well? Also, when you start a noVnc port, you don't have to use the web client if there is no cursor. You could use a non-web browser vnc client and maybe it would have a cursor. there are just too many reasons a cursor might not show.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• All clear about your recommendation :)

In the meantime I have found a workaround that works. Setting the cursor size in the Ubuntu accessibility settings to the biggest cursor works! This shows the huge ;) cursor in noVNC without any issues. I found this fix in a relatively old topic related to a similar issue.

In the meantime I'll test some permanent fixes like xrdp and a real VNC client.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!