OMV on RPI - dashboard CPU widget showing incorrect and high CPU usage

• I noticed a few days ago that the CPU widget on my RPI4 dashboard was always quite high at around 30-50% and this is not normal.

I did some testing using safari and chrome on different computers and I have the same result. It's very strange as CPU utilisation is not the same on either computer.

I used htop and I can see a CPU spike every few seconds with multiple processes relating to the OMV GUI so I think this might be related (or not). The processes are php-fpm: pool openmediavault-webgui - see screenshot below.

However, taking these processes into account does not match what I am seeing on the CPU widget on my dashboard.

Any idea for how I can investigate further?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea for how I can investigate further?

My RPis are showing 0-2% at idle. So, I don't think there is a bug here. What does top report for wa (i/o wait)?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I recently swapped from the sd card to booting from a ssd / usb. Might be related to this change?

I will boot from the old sd card later to see if that is any different.

sorry but how do i confirm wa (i/o wait)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do i confirm wa (i/o wait)?

run top from the command line just like you would run htop. There will be a wa field in the top header.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably not the storage then. Hard to say what is causing it.

• well on the sd card CPU in the dashboard widget drops to around 2% like as I would expect. normal.

viewing the gui on 2 pc's in similar in that the dial is not showing the same value on the 2 computers so there must be some client side stuff going on. I assumed it was just presenting data from the server.

The sd card has the same php-fpm processes / behaviour so that's not a clue after all.

• Not sure if this is any help but I have just noticed something else stange on the dashboard when booting from the ssd

After the restart, I see the docker/container widget is saying containers up for 16 minutes when restart was only 5mins ago.

The info to confirming docker is running disappears and returns a few seconds later but docker is running fine. See below.

Overall my RPI with ssd boot is working sweet so I am happy to ignore this but it is strange.

My OCD will lead me to removing these widgets from the dashboard. The easy solution. haha

• Offizieller Beitrag

met the same problem

What problem? I still don't know what jata1's problem was. The docker line with the missing field is as designed because it is showing the status of docker itself in the first line.

If the widget is reporting something wrong with the container info, then the output of docker container ls is wrong (very doubtful). Nothing the widget can since it is just passing that exact info along. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ned/rpc/compose.inc#L1355

• The issue I had a while ago was caused by the ssd I was using for omv system and docker. I had my docker install and appdata on a separate partition on the system disk. I now have omv system and docker/appdata on separate disks on a clean install of omv7 on a new rpi5. Issue resolved.

The second image I posted in the thread was not correct. I wanted to show that the docker widget in the dashboard was switching from status 'running' to blank every 10 seconds - but as I said this issue is resolved on my new setup.

hccz95 - what exactly is the issue? Not clear from your post

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!