'mount.nfs: access denied...' error

• Hello

I've had NFS set for a long time (not really used it, instead used Samba mounts)

But still, I see that there was some change in July-August as some users experienced issues with NFS

I am not able to connect. See an error during mourning mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.90.2:/Public

My setup looks like this:

Needless to say, I have not touched my setup in months and therefore am hesitant to change anything unless I check with experts here.

Any clues on what changed?

TIA

• Check that you have permissions correctly set on the server side for the shared folder. You could also try adding "no_root_squash" to your options

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any clues on what changed?

The ability to add support protocols have changed. I would remove a protocol (nfsv2 isn't needed by almost all people) and then apply changes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do I use for the Client? * ?

You could or on my network, I set it to 192.168.1.0/24

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

See an error during mourning mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.90.2:/Public

I just noticed this is not right. It should 192.168.90.2:/export/Public. You can see the exports with: showmount -e 192.168.90.2 on the client

• Offizieller Beitrag

The client setting is incorrect. How is it possible that this is empty?

• I just noticed this is not right. It should 192.168.90.2:/export/Public. You can see the exports with: showmount -e 192.168.90.2 on the client

Do you mean in /etc/fstab?

I have now:

#NFS mount

192.168.90.2:/Public /media/pi-nas-nfs nfs defaults 0 0

showmount -e 192.168.90.2

Export list for 192.168.90.2:

/export *

/export/Public *

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!