Docker broken how reset all

• Hi after try several tuto it seems I broken all about docker, how could i reset all about Docker please (delete the folder too and restart from the begining)

When i try to put up portainer i get this message:
    "

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/Compose/portainer-omvextra/portainer-omvextra.yml' --env-file '/Compose/portainer-omvextra/portainer-omvextra.env' --env-file '/Compose/global.env' up -d 2>&1': external volume "portainer_data" not found

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/Compose/portainer-omvextra/portainer-omvextra.yml' --env-file '/Compose/portainer-omvextra/portainer-omvextra.env' --env-file '/Compose/global.env' up -d 2>&1': external volume "portainer_data" not found in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc:609

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(620): OMVRpcServiceCompose->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusno...', '/tmp/bgoutput1N...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc(612): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCompose->doCommand(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Compose', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

"

Best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

external volume "portainer_data" not found

Seeing this error I'm not sure if you've already been here.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Thx for answer but it seems I broken something with portainer-omv-extra, in ssh i get

root@sauv08:/# docker container stop portainer

Error response from daemon: No such container: portainer

root@sauv08:/# docker container rm portainer

Error response from daemon: No such container: portainer

So I installed the normal Portainer (not omv extra version) and this one works

But Isn't it possible to clear/remove/initialise all the data for comeback as if i never touch docker?

Best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

In that case you will have lost the compose files, unless you had a manual copy somewhere. If you have it, it will be easy to redo the containers, otherwise you will have to redo the compose files one by one.

At the point where you are I recommend that you stop using Portainer and switch to using the plugin, you will win, unless you need some special feature of Portainer.

To get rid of the old one, it should be enough to delete the volume that was previously used by Portainer. I would say it should be in /var/lib/docker (or wherever you have docker installed). Since it is returning that it does not exist, it is possible that you have already deleted it.

• In that case you will have lost the compose files, unless you had a manual copy somewhere. If you have it, it will be easy to redo the containers, otherwise you will have to redo the compose files one by one.

At the point where you are I recommend that you stop using Portainer and switch to using the plugin, you will win, unless you need some special feature of Portainer.

To get rid of the old one, it should be enough to delete the volume that was previously used by Portainer. I would say it should be in /var/lib/docker (or wherever you have docker installed). Since it is returning that it does not exist, it is possible that you have already deleted it.

I'm at the very start i use nothing so remove all the file is ok for me, have you a link to the procedure/tuto for doing that please?

I have this in Compose:

Best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

okay. If you don't mind losing everything you have, I would do the following:

- Uninstall the Portainer container you just installed.

- Change the docker folder to another location on another drive. Look here the recommendations where it says docker folder. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…-compose_with_the_plug-in Preferably a fast unit, if you don't have one you can use a data unit but with certain precautions, in that link is the pertinent information.

- Once this location has been changed, press the reinstall docker button on the Services>Compose>Settings tab

- Now you can delete the content of the folder /var/lib/docker

- If you want to use Portainer, reinstall it. If you don't want to use it take a look at the link above to use the plugin.

• Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/Compose/port/port.yml' --env-file '/Compose/port/port.env' --env-file '/Compose/global.env' up -d 2>&1': external volume "portainer_data" not found

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/Compose/port/port.yml' --env-file '/Compose/port/port.env' --env-file '/Compose/global.env' up -d 2>&1': external volume "portainer_data" not found in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc:609

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(620): OMVRpcServiceCompose->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusfB...', '/tmp/bgoutputh2...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc(612): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCompose->doCommand(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Compose', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

Hi what could i do for fix it please?

• Hi thx, i don't know what i don't do correctly but for now i don't get to fix it

Best regards

• Hi what you need for help me to fix it?

Thx for your help

Best regards

What are you trying to do? lets start over again

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I need more information. I don't see your screen or have access to your system. I can only try to draw conclusions from the information you provide, and it is very scarce.

Did you follow the steps I gave you in post 7?

• You was just missing the data folder that's all "portainer_data" not found"

Read here same thing

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• I need more information. I don't see your screen or have access to your system. I can only try to draw conclusions from the information you provide, and it is very scarce.

Did you follow the steps I gave you in post 7?

Hi thx, i understand, yes i think but i think try again
    PS: i added the Discord so maybe easier to help do if i share my screen on Discord?

Best regards

• You was just missing the data folder that's all "portainer_data" not found"

Read here same thing

Hi thx for your help.
    Do you mean add it the Compose GUI don't add it?

• I have this

• I have this

No you are still missing the data folder see here

Code
          - portainer-data:/data

Read the post I posted above.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!