PhotoPrism Plugin - more options please !

• Hi there,

I started to use Photoprism several years ago and I'm very pleased with this photo library.

I struggled to make it work with the intergrated plugin so I went for the Docker Compose solution.

I found it highly configurable to match my needs and also the resources of my hardware.

I can tune up CPU usage, RAM usage, face recognition frequency, default Theme, password and many other options.

The only thing I am missing is the HTTPS access using OMV certificates, but as I use it with local access only it is not a big issue for me.

I recently tried the plugin option again and managed to make it work at last.

The pluggin pulled many dependencies like caddy to activate https and many other different things.

In addition to that the pluggin expose very few parameters: photo folders, certificate to use, and that's all. No CPU or memory max alloc settings.

All that stuff packed together made my system run as slow as a cow.

I saddly had to go back to the Docker solution, wich was a less straight-forward but a much more efficient setup.

Volker Theile is in charge of this plugin.

Do yo think there is a chance he can add some extra parameters ?

OMV 6.x | Intel Celeron J3455 | 16Go RAM | USB2 32Go | HDD 3x4TO

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will not add additional options to the UI, because this will be a never ending story. Instead you can use the OMV_PHOTOPRISM_APP_CONTAINER_START_OPTIONS environment variable to append additional PhotoPrism env variables according to their documentation.

Example:

Bash
    # omv-env set -- OMV_PHOTOPRISM_APP_CONTAINER_START_OPTIONS "-e PHOTOPRISM_RESOLUTION_LIMIT=300"
    # omv-salt stage run prepare
    # omv-salt deploy run photoprism

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!