GUI inaccessible after update to OMV6

• Hello,

I was trying to update to OMV 6 following the steps described in this thread

Is there a guide to in place upgrade? - Updates/Upgrades - openmediavault

I managed to succeed right up until the point at the end of the update, I got the following error:

Code
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now I have rebooted the server but the problem remains the same, the GUI is not working at all. I can log in via Putty without a problem.

Can someone help me here?

thanks!

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Try Ctrl+Shift+R for the GUI

edit also run omv-upgrade

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von BlueCoffee ()

• Try Ctrl+Shift+R

I tried that, nothing changed.

I tried apt-update and apt-upgrade, I get the following message

Code
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
    W: Probleem bij het ontkoppelen van het bestand /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - pkgDPkgPM::Go (30: Bestandssysteem is alleen-lezen)
  • I tried that, nothing changed

omv-upgrade does this still give the error you posted above?

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Try running omv-upgrade again, and look for more error messaging. There should be more output above that final error that should help in finding what the specific problem is, and hopefully the solution.

Asrock H370M-ITX/ac | i5-8400T | 16Gb RAM | Node304 case | 4-3Tb HDDs | 256Gb nvme | 128 Gb SATA SSD

• yes, a bunch of these

• Read-only file system

Your OS drive is read only.

sudo mount -o remount,rw /

After, try to run omv-upgrade and figure out what is wrong with the OS drive

• Seems I called out victory a bit too soon. I was looking in the plugin menu to find the compose-plugin. The list was completely empty although it indicated I had a hit. So I deceided to reboot anew with the lovely surprise of having no more access to the GUI. I tried the shift ctrl R.

SSH acces is working well, I omv-upgrade'd succesfully.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!