Pause OMV whilst keeping RPI useable.

• Hi

I have a potentially niche setup and what I’m trying to may be not possible.

However I have an RPi3 which I used to use to stream my PSVita to the tv (the console has a plug-in installed to stream the screen out over USB, appearing like a web cam. The RPi uses MPV in full screen mode to play the video)

However I recently found about OMV (it’s brilliant BTW!) so my RPi now runs that.

I would like my RPi to also run mpv but understandably it’s not powerful to handle both. Before OMV it could stream the video with little lag so I know it’s up to the task.

So my question, can I programmatically pause OMV to free up resources when I wish to play the vita then enable it again afterwards?

It may be it doesn’t work like that and my question shows my lack of understanding but figured there’s no harm in asking!

Thanks for any info and hope my question and what I’m trying to achieve makes sense.

Edit: got a feeling I’ve put this thread in the wrong place which is a good start to the forum sorry.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

can I programmatically pause OMV to free up resources when I wish to play the vita then enable it again afterwards?

OMV doesn't really use many resources when you aren't using the web interface. No need to pause it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the info. You was right. The issue was I had the RPI outputting in 1080p and they introduced about half a second lag. Set it to 720p and the lag is pretty much non existent. Perfectly playable. Don’t need to be another RPI so quite pleased.

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!