Installing Plugins throws Error 500 OMV 7

• So installing Plugins Shrerootfs / Madam/ usbbackup throws

500 - Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install 'openmediavault-usbbackup' 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

:(

Reading state information...

The following NEW packages will be installed:

openmediavault-usbbackup

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 38.6 kB of archives.

After this operation, 281 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Ign:1 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sandworm/main amd64 openmediavault-usbbackup all 7.0-1

Ign:1 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sandworm/main amd64 openmediavault-usbbackup all 7.0-1

Err:1 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sandworm/main amd64 openmediavault-usbbackup all 7.0-1

Temporary failure resolving 'packages.openmediavault.org'

E

:

Failed to fetch http://packages.openmediavault…t-usbbackup_7.0-1_all.deb Temporary failure resolving 'packages.openmediavault.org'

E

:

Internal Error, ordering was unable to handle the media swap

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install 'openmediavault-usbbackup' 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

The following NEW packages will be installed:

openmediavault-usbbackup

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 38.6 kB of archives.

After this operation, 281 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Err:1 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public sandworm/main amd64 openmediavault-usbbackup all 7.0-1

Temporary failure resolving 'packages.openmediavault.org'

E

:

Failed to fetch http://packages.openmediavault…t-usbbackup_7.0-1_all.deb Temporary failure resolving 'packages.openmediavault.org'

E

:

Internal Error, ordering was unable to handle the media swap

in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:250

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(622): Engined\Rpc\PluginMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}()

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc(231): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc()

#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\PluginMgmt->install()

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(122): call_user_func_array()

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod()

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(535): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#6 {main}

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No offense but if you can't fix this yourself, you shouldn't be using OMV 7.x. It is nowhere near ready for non-advanced users to use.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• chente

Hat das Label OMV 7.x (Beta) hinzugefügt.
  • Well that's the last time I report a BUG that anyone could find ... Arrogant reply ... so you expect your new users to find the issue ... most beta software providers are happy and all and any feedback ... heard somewhere it, helps to improve the product ..

You posted the access details but did not state ... note for "Advanced Users only" ... so expect al people to just add and try ...

• Well that's the last time I report a BUG that anyone could find ... Arrogant reply ... so you expect your new users to find the issue ... most beta software providers are happy and all and any feedback ... heard somewhere it, helps to improve the product ..

You posted the access details but did not state ... note for "Advanced Users only" ... so expect al people to just add and try ...

OMV 7 is Beta pal. I agree with Rye. DNS error is very common.

Number 6

Solutions to common problems - openmediavault
    Here is a list of problems with potential solutions (these videos [URL:https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/19998-OMV-Setup-Videos/] may help as…
    forum.openmediavault.org

As for omv7 vot want's bugs on github

Install OMV7 on Debian 12 (Bookworm) - openmediavault
    Please do not use for production systems To install OMV7 on an already installed Debian 12 (Bookworm), simply execute the following steps: (Quelltext, 11…
    forum.openmediavault.org

If you find any bugs, please report them on GitHub. Error reports posted in the forum will not be processed.

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Offizieller Beitrag

its the arrogant response ..

I have probably responded to the DNS issue hundreds of times. That is why it is in the Common Problems list that is pinned to every forum. If you don't want to check that list, that is why I recommended not using a beta. It has nothing to do with bug reporting since this is not a bug in OMV. Just a setup issue.

If you want to call me arrogant, that is fine. I was away from the forum for one week and tagged almost a hundred times. A little frustrating. I didn't even know OMV 7 was "available" to the general public yet and I was dreading all of the work that a new version involves. So cut me some slack since I volunteer a lot of time and get very little help.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that's the last time I report a BUG that anyone could find ... Arrogant reply ... so you expect your new users to find the issue ... most beta software providers are happy and all and any feedback ... heard somewhere it, helps to improve the product ..

I didn't post the access details. I can't control what votdev did. I only control omv-extras. So, punish me with no BUG reports not votedev with OMV itself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's public available BUT NOT public announced

It isn't on your blog but it was on the forum. A lot of people will see it. Just swamped in shit after being gone for a week. Bad timing for me. I was hoping to get over jet lag today not put out OMV fires. But it is what it is.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't on your blog but it was on the forum. A lot of people will see it. Just swamped in shit after being gone for a week. Bad timing for me. I was hoping to get over jet lag today not put out OMV fires. But it is what it is.

OMV can wait, it is beta and not announced. There is no hurry. Take care of you first.

• I didn't post the access details. I can't control what votdev did. I only control omv-extras. So, punish me with no BUG reports not votedev with OMV itself.

Not an issue in general ... but not sure a new user would actually, know how to post a bug on GITHUB .. sorry but this was a public post on how to install it on the forum ... perhaps a bad policy decision on someone's part ...

So for my part I'm just acting as a DAU (Dumbest Available User), normal posture for "Beta" testing ... sorry for the confusion ..

Also wondered why it did not reuse all the network settings that i had already set up in base Debian via cockpit ... had to restate the DNS..

don't remember this happening in 6 ... but good news is sharerootsfs and usbbackup working again ..

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an issue with the install instructions on a Debian 12 install. OMV rewrites /etc/resolv.conf by linking to /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf. If no network adapter is configured in OMV's web interface (which is not possible immediately after installing the openmediavault package), dns is broken because systemd-resolved isn't resolving. Restarting the service isn't helping. Trying to come up with a workaround for the install script (not an issue in the OMV iso) but maybe systemd-resolved and resolv.conf shouldn't be touched if no network adapter is configured in OMV?? Once a network adapter is setup in the web interface, it is configured correctly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!