NGINX settings for accessing different servers with the same domain (nextcloud, omv, ...)

• Hi all,

I used this guide NEXTCLOUD AIO WITH PROXY and now nextcloud is in place with nginx reverse proxy. Access via my duckdns domain.

But I don't know now how to set up nginx in order to also be able to access from outside to OMV6 UI in htpps using the same domain name ...

How can I do this ?

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

chente should maybe of put NPM before nextcloud AIO. As its needed before AIO.

I don't think that would make a difference. Not everyone will install all the containers I put there. The option to install Nextcloud with proxy begins with a note about it:

To continue the installation with proxy you must previously install Nginx Proxy Manager following the steps in the following post . Then come back and continue with Nextcloud AIO.

I used this guide NEXTCLOUD AIO WITH PROXY and now nextcloud is in place with nginx reverse proxy. Access via my duckdns domain.

But I don't know now how to set up nginx in order to also be able to access from outside to OMV6 UI in htpps using the same domain name ...

How can I do this ?

To direct different services from the outside with the same domain, what NPM does is differentiate the ports. Each service has a different port assigned. Simply specify the port you want to access on each service.

On the other hand, can I try to discourage you from sharing the OMV GUI on the internet? It's an unnecessary risk, you could get hacked. Only you need to access the OMV GUI, so it is much safer to use a VPN to access the OMV GUI from outside. For example wireguard. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…v6:omv6_plugins:wireguard

• I don't think that would make a difference. Not everyone will install all the containers I put there. The option to install Nextcloud with proxy begins with a note about it:

never mind I completely miss read the post...

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!