[Solved] No IPV4 address

• Hello,

I'm new to this field and after watching a lot of tutorials on the internet I decided to give it a go.

I want to install OMV6 on an HP ELITEDESK with a bootable USB key with VENTOY.

The installation seems to be done correctly, however when I do "ip addr" on my server after installing OMV, I only have a local address which appears 127.0.0.1.

Likewise during installation when I compare with all the tutorials on the internet, OMV asks me to configure the network connection by offering me WIFI while I am connected via an ethernet cable, I find this strange because in all the examples on the internet there is no this configuration phase...

So I'm a little lost because despite my research, I can't find any resources that deal with this subject and I can't even access the web interface to start having fun.

I tried to reboot but without success. Likewise, I restarted the installation several times...

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Type

Code
    omv-firstaid

One of the options is to reconfigure your network device. Choose it, then choose the network device you want to use.

It will ask about IPV4, choose yes. It will ask if you want DHCP, choose yes. Disable IPV6

It should (hopefully) finish.

When it's done

Code
    ip a

and see if it now shows you an IP address.

• I installed Debian and while doing my tests I saw that Ethernet didn't work either.

I had disabled the LAN Controller in the BIOS...🤦‍♂️

It's good now I have the IP address which now appears and I have access to the interface.

• xenos92

Hat den Titel des Themas von „No IPV4 address“ zu „[Solved] No IPV4 address“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

talled Debian and while doing my tests I saw that Ethernet didn't work either.

I had disabled the LAN Controller in the BIOS...🤦‍♂️

It's good now I have the IP address which now appears and I have access to the interface.

LOL, well that will certainly cause you not to get a lan IP... :)

We've all been there. Glad you got it figured out.

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!