Collabora + Nextcloud + OMV -- Help with WOPI Allow List

• I want to preface this post by apologizing in advance if this is a problem with a glaringly obvious solution and by freely admitting that I'm very new to this sort of thing, am learning as I go, and have found this forum to be a magnificent resource so far (thanks!)

With the help of a couple of KM0201's instructive how-to guides, I was able to get up and running with Nextcloud running with Swag, Collabora, and DuckDNS fairly easily. At the moment, I've got Nextcloud Office up and running with my self-hosted Collabora/Code server. It all seems fully usable. But I'm getting a warning message about not having configured my WOPI allow-list. I've searched online high and low for what to put in there, and none of what I'm finding is working. If I understand correctly, the purpose of this allow-list is to prevent unwanted access to my files from unknown IP addresses. I need to be able to access and use Nextcloud Office from outside my local network, but I have a VPN configured so I think I really only need to allow local IP addresses. No matter what I put into the text-input box, though, once I hit enter, the text in the box just disappears and the warning persists.

From my Google-ing, I know this is supposed to be a comma-seperated list with no spaces, and I've tried suggestions I've found including my public IP, my router/firewall's gateway address, 127.0.0.1, the IP of my Collabora docker container, and combinations thereof, without any luck.

Any suggestions / troubleshooting help would be very appreciated!

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Funny you bring this up, I just noticed this like an hour ago.

I think I've figured out the problem, gimme a few minutes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately I'm getting pulled 10 different directions.. I'll try to look further at this later.

It appears there has been a ton of changes with the collabora container that I was not fully aware of and I'm going to have to take a deeper dive into this. I'll update this thread when I have a minute

• I'll update this thread when I have a minute

Thank you, I appreciate it, and please take your time!

Just as a quick note in terms of potential changes since you wrote your guide, when configuring Swag for Collabora, I had to change line 37 of the collaboara.subdomain.conf file from $upstream_app my_internal_IP; (as specified in your guide) to $upstream_app collabora;. Otherwise, after creating that .conf file and restarting Swag, neither collabora.mydomain.duckddns.org of my_internal_ip:9980 worked, and the Swag dashboard showed collabora.mydomain.duckddns.org as "available" but not "proxied," and showed my_internal_ip:9980 as "proxied," but not "available." Might just have been a "me" problem, though

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you, I appreciate it, and please take your time!

Just as a quick note in terms of potential changes since you wrote your guide, when configuring Swag for Collabora, I had to change line 37 of the collaboara.subdomain.conf file from $upstream_app my_internal_IP; (as specified in your guide) to $upstream_app collabora;. Otherwise, after creating that .conf file and restarting Swag, neither collabora.mydomain.duckddns.org of my_internal_ip:9980 worked, and the Swag dashboard showed collabora.mydomain.duckddns.org as "available" but not "proxied," and showed my_internal_ip:9980 as "proxied," but not "available." Might just have been a "me" problem, though

As it's written (I wrote that over a year ago) that's actually expected behavior. That was written before the dashboard was a twinkle in the dev's eye.. Also, I tried to use the app name back then, and for some reason it repeatedly errored out, that's why I went the IP address route. As long as it can be reached securely by domain, then it was working.

There's obviously been some changes in the collabora container... I'm gonna try to take a look at it today but I've been stuck doing Christmas stuff and I go back to work tomorrow.. so if I don't get it done tonight it might be a few days.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!