Web interface inaccessible most of the time

• Good morning. Strangely, I'm not able to access the web interface most of the time via the local IP. I have two network cards, one wired and the other wifi. They take, respectively, the addresses 192.168.50.95 and 192.168.50.195. The OMV web interface is on port 82. I have Tailscale installed to access services outside of my local network. In Firefox and Chrome, no local address works, it keeps loading until the time runs out. On Edge, only 192.168.50.95:82 takes me to the web interface. Using the tailscale address or the server name, it works normally in any browser. The strange thing is that other services like Jellyfin or Sonarr, I can access from both addresses using any browser. What is the problem and how to solve it?

• Are these two network cards in the same machine and use the same netmask?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Are these two network cards in the same machine and use the same netmask?

The netmask of both is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is 192.168.50.1. I installed the WiFi card so I could test the server after doing some maintenance as this maintenance is done in a place far from the router.

• Having two network interfaces in the same network in the same machine is an ambiguous configuration and will not work. Move one to another network.

You can only have one default gateway defined, so remove that from one of the interfaces.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Having two network interfaces in the same network in the same machine is an ambiguous configuration and will not work. Move one to another network.

You can only have one default gateway defined, so remove that from one of the interfaces.

What would be the best method/configuration so I can keep both interfaces on the same machine? My intention is for the wireless network to be activated if the wired interface is disconnected.

• You can set the metric of the interfaces in the network interface settings page. According to that metric the interfaces are prioritised.

I made it. The wired network is 0 and the wireless network is 1. But the colleague above said that I cannot put both cards to connect to the same gateway, even though they have different IPs. So what would be the ideal configuration for my case?

• You can set the metric of the interfaces in the network interface settings page. According to that metric the interfaces are prioritised.

For some reason it's not working. The wireless network takes priority most of the time. I chose to deactivate it. How do I make OMV renew the wired connection every 2 hours? I was suggested to use the "netplan apply" command in a scheduled task but it doesn't seem to do anything, not even manually through the terminal, it's as if some parameter was missing. How to make?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!