Plugin openmediavault-sharerootfs 5.0.2-1

• Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6, and one of the plugins I currently use is "openmediavault-sharerootfs" version 5.0.2-1. I can't find any information about whether this plugin is still available in OMV6 or if I should uninstall it before upgrading to OMV6.

I also have a question: If I'm currently using Debian 10, should I understand that I need to upgrade Debian 10 to Debian 11 before upgrading from OMV5 to OMV6?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6, and one of the plugins I currently use is "openmediavault-sharerootfs" version 5.0.2-1. I can't find any information about whether this plugin is still available in OMV6 or if I should uninstall it before upgrading to OMV6.

Do you use docker if so sharerootfs is required. it is on omv6 also.

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Hello,

I also have a question: If I'm currently using Debian 10, should I understand that I need to upgrade Debian 10 to Debian 11 before upgrading from OMV5 to OMV6?

Yes it exists in OMV6. No to the last question, see this thread/post for guidance about about a OMV5 to OMV6 upgrade : https://forum.openmediavault.o…&postID=305564#post305564

I'm was surprised you were still using OMV5 as who knows what bugs may be lurking in debian 10 for which fixes in later version were never backported. You'll jump to SAMBA 4.13 in OMV6 and benefit from any changes/fixes over the previous old version. In the latest OMV7 you'd be up to SAMBA 4.17, but you probably know all this if you check the debian package tracker at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/samba

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!