server for Mac enviroment

• Hi.

I'm looking new fileserver solution for Mac environment.

do you have ideas how this open mediavault works on Mac clients (advertising agency) 20-30tb of data on worked directly on server, indesign photoshop etc

is there problems with spotlight searching or user right etc?

It would happy to hear all comments + / - :)

• votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I am using a 4TB Nvme drive hat on the pi 5 using the sd card as the boot device. This is due to the GPT partition not created from PI Imager issue and the fact that partitions using MBR limit drive size to 2TB and images of PI are currently MBR images.

I use macs of multiple generations and had file copy issues when testing. I have modified the /etc/samba/smb.conf file and changed ea support = no to = yes as shown below and now the copy error message do not occur.

I found file coping very fast to the 4TB drive and happy with the performance so far. The smb.conf file says NOT to modify the file due to it being maintained by openmediavault but found no other way to change the setting below? There may be a way but was not sure where it is located in the settings section under smb in openmediavault admin pages.

------

Apple extensions require support for extended attributes(xattr) - defaults to yes in Samba 4.9+:

Code
    ea support = yes
  • Here are a few small optimizations for the SMB shares for collaboration with macOS:

First go to Services > SMB/CIFS > Settings and add this

Code
    fruit:metadata = stream

to the Extra options.

Next login to your NAS via SSH and set some environment variables:

Code
    sudo omv-env set OMV_SAMBA_SHARE_VFSOBJECTS "catia fruit streams_xattr"
    sudo omv-env set OMV_SAMBA_HOMES_VFSOBJECTS "catia fruit streams_xattr"
    sudo omv-env set OMV_SAMBA_SHARE_FRUIT_METADATA stream

Next run these commands:

Code
    sudo omv-salt stage run prepare
    sudo omv-salt deploy run samba

The last steps will integrate the environment variables into OMV and update the affected configuration files. This will take some time (a minute or so), so be patient.

Now all of the users' normal shares, TimeMachine and Home shares are provided with these macOS-specific settings, both the existing shares and those that you create in the future.

Credits go to Simone and her blog 'lisanet.de' where I found this useful tips.

• Offizieller Beitrag

These settings are automatically set when you tick the Timemachine checkbox.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!