Lost access to my NAS.

• Greatings... I have not been on my nas in the last month and I went to go back on and I can no longer access it via my network shares on linux mint nor windows. The only reason I noticed it is i bought a new computer (windows 11) and failed to set up the share, so that is when I tried the old windows 10 and then linux and neither will let me in. I was using SMB with OMV to share my files. I built my nas with a raspberry pi and connected a large HDD. I can ssh into my pi no problem, and i can also log into OMV no problem, but I can no longer access my NAS share. With linux I get a "Unable to mount location error (failed to mount windows share: no such file or directory.)"

How do I trouble shoot the problem to figure out what has gone wrong?

One thing i did do is take my second SSD out of my old computer to see if it it was compatible with my new computer (it is not) so i just put it back in the old computer. besides that there has been no changes.

any ideas on how I proceed?

p.s. I used smb over nfs because I kept getting a error when trying to set it up in the past, so i just went with what worked.

• For example... On my android phone i use the X-plore app to transfer files to my nas. I pull up the name of my nas and enter my user name and password and it brings up my share folder. (in this case 16tb drive) when i click on the 16 tb drive however it gives me the following error: "SMB: Bad network name". Does that help anyone to narrow down the issue?

• Which version of OMV? What does the OMV WebUI show under disks and filesystems? If the HDD doesn't show up in the WebUI and is connected via USB to your rpi then shutdown and before restarting check all physical connections and all PSUs. Power to USB HDD need to be adequate for reliable use.

• I have the same problem except I can't even use SSH ("Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection" in Putty). OMV is version 6.9.13-1 (Shaitan). Under Disks are the Pi itself /dev/mmcblk0 and the external drive /dev/sda. The File Systems page seems to be stuck loading. Power supply is an Argon Type-C Power Supply 18 Watts 5 Volts.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!