Show size taken by "Shared Folders"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any way to show the space taken on the underlying filesystem by the shared folders?

Nope. If a system had lots of shared folders and/or lots of small files in those shared folders, it would take forever to calculate.

I know how to use "du -h" in the cli

du -d0 -x -h is much faster : )

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have 4 TB of files not including the system drive

How many files? And if you had 50 shared folders x 2.5 secs per shared folder, that would time out. Even if it didn't time out, it would be terrible to wait for.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• I have 8 shared folders containing 7181 files (subfolders included). But maybe I started the thread on the wrong foot :)

Why I would find such a feature useful. I have rsync pull jobs on a different omv machine that backs up the first one. I run the jobs manually. Since the space on machine 2 is less than the space on machine one it would be nice to be able to tell if I have enough space on the backup machine by looking at the space taken by the shared folders on machine 1. From the UI. Then I could quickly decide which jobs to run and which not. I absolutely do not care how long it would take the computer to calculate the size of the shared folders.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I absolutely do not care how long it would take the computer to calculate the size of the shared folders.

Because you only have 7181 files, it is quick. But if this feature was added to an existing tab, it would not be optional. While you may not care about the time it takes to calculate, many others would. So, it would need to be a separate tab or even a separate plugin.

• I am also interested in seeing the used size of a shared folder. How about determining and saving the size in a separate job? This saved size could then be displayed in the GUI. The displayed size is then an approximate value. How often this size is determined should be adjustable. And a switch to activate/deactivate this function is also an option.

ASRock H610M-ITX/AC mITX | Intel Core I3-12100 | 32GB RAM

250GB M.2 2280 Boot | 4x 4000GB Data (RAID 6)

omv 7.0.5-1 Sandworm | 64 bit | Default kernel

plugins:: clamav 7.0-6 | compose 7.2 | cputemp 7.0.1 | diskstats 7.0-2 | md 7.0-7 | omvextrasorg 7.0 | remotemount 7.0.1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!