Product page: https://www.bkipc.com/en/product/1264-NAS-MB.html

Form factor: mini-ITX

PSU: 24-pin ATX + 4cpu

Notable features:

- 4-port 2.5gbe

- 6 SATA

- QuickSync compatible

- DDR-5 4800 MT/s, 32GB max capacity

(tested with 32GB Corsair Vengeance, CMSX32GX5M1A4800C40)

- 1 PCIe 3.0 x1 with an open header to accept any card

- 2 M.2 keys

- Intel N100 (idle temp is 32c)

- Wake on LAN seemingly works (tried successfully several times, but no long term testing).

- Idles at ~23 watts.

- Heatsink fan was always silent and constant under open bench setup

Onboard RJ-45 2.5gb ethernet:

lspci name: Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I226-V (rev 04)

speed result: 2.35gbs (293.75MB/s)

Onboard SATA using JMB585:

lspci name: SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB58x AHCI SATA controller

Sequential write of 3 drives simultaneously : 136 MB/s

Sequential read of 3 drives simultaneously : 145 MB/s

Sequential write of 1 drive: 360 MB/s

Adapter; ASM1166l based 6-port M.2 NVME to 6-port SATA:

lspci name: SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1166 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)

Sequential write of 3 drives simultaneously : 246 MB/s

Sequential read of 3 drives simultaneously : 285 MB/s

Adds 1 watt to idle

Adapter; LSI 9207-8i:

lspci name: Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05)

Sequential write of 3 drives simultaneously : 249 MB/s

Sequential read of 3 drives simultaneously : 283 MB/s

Adds 11 watts to idle, 18 to peak (34/53)

4 * 2.5gbe (Intel I226-V rev 04):

iperf result: 9.4gbs (4 * 2.35gbs)

Adds 7 watts

2 * m.2 NVMe (tested with SK hynix Gold P31 NVMe):

write: 607 MB/s

read : 845 MB/s

1 * m.2 NVMe

write: 610 MB/s

read : 848 MB/s

CPU benchmark, 7-zip:

CPU benchmark, sysbench:

lspci:

OMV 5.9

9 Mal editiert, zuletzt von olduser () aus folgendem Grund: Added Wake on LAN info

• olduser

Hat den Titel des Themas von „BKHD-1264-NAS (mini-ITX)“ zu „BKHD-1264-NAS (Intel N100 mini-ITX)“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You have this board? Looks decent. What is the cost? I can't find it anywhere in a quick search.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You have this board? Looks decent. What is the cost? I can't find it anywhere in a quick search.

I paid $130usd on Aliexpress, didn't come with RAM (although that specific link does option RAM). You can get it for $99usd when it's on sale (it's on sale a lot, along with many, many other Nxx devices). It does come with a I/O shield, I forgot to mention that before.

I don't have the means to test the power draw with ATX 24-pin + 4-pin, just that Kill-A-Watt meter, but the error can't be greater than 1 watt. Also, it requires ATX+4-pin... no 12v only :-(.

• Interesting, but being an old cynic I wonder how they conjure up all the pcie lanes when the CPU itself I believe is limited to just 9. Can those all ports work at 2.5Gbps simultaneously? I guess the fan is needed to prevent the thermal throttling that would otherwise kick in, so have a EFi firmware that keeps the CPU working at an elevated power level. The English language version of the m/board spec says "supports 2x nvme and 6 sata", I wonder what "supports" means in this case? How good is the voltage regulation on a m/board like this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can those all ports work at 2.5Gbps simultaneously?

It should be able to since a single pci-e 3.0 lane is get for 10 gbps. Maybe it uses a pcie switch and/or sata port multiplier.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• With expectations set for a small home media NAS, this is a pretty good board. The onboard SATA isn't the fastest, but for a home media NAS it's good enough.

Can those all ports work at 2.5Gbps simultaneously?

I'm sure it's on PCIe x1 lane (985 MB/s), so no. I think 750 MB/s is realistic, I will test it when I have the ability to.

sata port multiplier.

Either it's on a multiplier or the JMB585 is 1/2 the speed of the AS6M1166l. I don't have another JMB585 to compare it to.

The requirement for the 24-pin ATX wire harness is a pain to me, also it's one of those death-grip harnesses, it's really hard to remove.

Another oddity is that while it does shutdown with shutdown, it startups as soon as I supply power, as if it's being ran as an appliance. But it wasn't like that at first, at first I couldn't get it to power on, I'm not sure what the problem was. Now, it powers on automatically.

The DDR-5 is overkill and really doesn't matter as DDR-4 versions with a N100 are seemingly the same speed. I'm sure 3200 vs 4800 MT/s *could* matter, but I doubt it ever will.

Also I don't know how the M.2 headers work. There's a jumper that apparently will set 1 of them to SATA mode, but I didn't try it. Clearly, the M.2 header I'm using in the photo is x1 lane and I assume the other is x1 as well (but didn't try).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sure it's on PCIe x1 lane (985 MB/s), so no.

While not the theoretical max, a 2.5 Gbps adapter will give you 250 MB/s. Four adapters would be 1GB/s. That is pretty much full bandwidth for all four. I know that system would never max out four a time but it should do fairly well from ram or maybe nvme.

Another oddity is that while it does shutdown with shutdown, it startups as soon as I supply power, as if it's being ran as an appliance. But it wasn't like that at first, at first I couldn't get it to power on, I'm not sure what the problem was. Now, it powers on automatically.

That should be a bios setting like Power on after power loss.

Also I don't know how the M.2 headers work. There's a jumper that apparently will set 1 of them to SATA mode, but I didn't try it. Clearly, the M.2 header I'm using in the photo is x1 lane and I assume the other is x1 as well (but didn't try).

Most of my systems that have two m.2 headers intend one of them to be for a wifi adapter not nvme or even sata.

• ryecoaaron  Krisbee I have another 4 port N100 device that I'm trying to test the throughput but, I have to connect them directly as I don't have a 2.5gbe switch. I can't get the below to work with iperf, I get "tcp connect failed: Network is unreachable". I've tried variations of the mask and broadcast address and ip address with no success, the below is my last attempt so far.

I'm using:

It worked for the 4-port NAS board to a 1-port board with:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    #on 1-port board
    ip addr add noprefixroute 192.168.1.9/24 dev enp1s0
    iperf -s
    #on 4-port NAS, did not have "noprefixroute"
    ip addr add 192.168.1.10/24 dev enp1s0
    iperf -c 192.168.1.10 -d
  • olduser does this board support WoL feature?

I plugged it up and I can confirm it has awoken via the magic packet several times. I'm not doing long term tests with it, so I can't confirm it always will. Wake on LAN is seemingly a very hit-or-miss feature no matter what OS/platform you use. I'll update above to reflect this.

• Hi, i'm interesting to implement a new system with this board for personal use. The constuctor datasheet indicated the SODIMM RAM is limited to 16GB maximum and you use 32Gb in your tests. Can you confirm the 32Gb of RAM are entirely available ?

• Hi, i'm interesting to implement a new system with this board for personal use. The constuctor datasheet indicated the SODIMM RAM is limited to 16GB maximum and you use 32Gb in your tests. Can you confirm the 32Gb of RAM are entirely available ?

Yes 32GB, look at "CPU benchmark, 7-zip:"

The CPU fan is always on and quiet. It also never seems to change speed.

I don't know if the 2.5gbe can be set to 1gbe, I've never tried this before with a NIC chipset, I'll look into it.

The board idles at ~23 watts according to "Kill-A-Watt" meter using a 500 watt "Gold" ATX PSU.

• Thanks for feedbacks, it's very usefull.

• I have the same motherboard and it is working great... Except the fans that are always running at maximum speed, even if they are PWM... I don't understand since there is a smart fans mode inside of the BIOS where you can set temperature limits but it does not seem to change anything so my homelab is just like an apache helicopter...

I have reflashed the BIOS (but it is the same BIOS version so I had low chances of success). When restarting, firstly... nothing on the screen. I was afraid to have messed up my board, but after having unplugged RJ45, HDMI and USB device, it restarted and the signal came back... with the same problem. HOWEVER, during the time between computer restart and BIOS boot, the fans were running at much lower speed so that could be a proof that this motherboard is technically able to regulate the fans speeds... But the bios is probably badly coded... :/

• the fans were running at much lower speed

Admittedly I didn't test it with any fans connected outside of the heatsink fan, so I don't know about the PWM functionality. In 2 "U-NAS NSC-810A" I run ATtiny's to regulate up to 7 fans with PWM, I don't trust onboard fan regulation (especially from Supermicro), too many let downs :-/.

Sadly, I doubt the BIOS will be updated. That said, there is a few comments on Aliexpress stating they they emailed bkipc and they emailed back, so maybe try it once.

If you're interested, I'll post the code I edited for the ATtiny below, I found it on github somewhere. Also, you can buy little pre-built PCBs that are through hole or SMD and solder on the components yourself.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!