SMART statuses are not working on omv7, debian 12, raspi4

• Technically OMV is not an OS, OMV is software that runs on top of an OS. It provides a GUI front on some services, makes things easier to install/configure via that GUI, etc. The underlying version of Debian, is the actual OS.

No, OMV 6 will not work on Debian 12. If you read the tags on your thread, OMV 7 is tagged "RC1".. That's Release Candidate 1. While it is basically stable, it is technically not the stable release yet. OMV 6 is the current stable release. However, as mentioned.. OMV 7 is bound to convert to stable any time now (I've used it about 3mo w/o issue).. Debian 11 (that OMV 6 is based on) goes EOL in July, so I'd expect OMV 7 sooner rather than later.

i know omv isnt an os lmao, i meant i didnt flash the preconfigured installer thingy os from the omv site. i just flashed debian lite, set some stuff up and then installed omv with the script. also, are there any paticular reasons omv6 wont work on debian 12?

Raspberry Pi 4 with RAID 1. two 2tb drives.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i know omv isnt an os lmao, i meant i didnt flash the preconfigured installer thingy os from the omv site. i just flashed debian lite, set some stuff up and then installed omv with the script. also, are there any paticular reasons omv6 wont work on debian 12?

well if you know OMV isn't an OS, why are you rambling about which image you flashed? It doesn't matter whether it's an OMV image or a Debian image and you use the script to install OMV on top of Debian.. You end up at exactly the same place...

Yes the reasons are

OMV 6 was designed to work on Debian 11.

OMV 7 was designed to work on Debian 12.

but you're welcome to give it a try if you like. Please post your results.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!