DegradedArray Event

• 197 Current_Pending_Sector 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 19
    198 Offline_Uncorrectable 0x0030 200 200 000 Old_age Offline - 5
    199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0
    200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate 0x0008 200 200 000 Old_age Offline - 378

The Drive seems to have some errors. Would prepare myself to replace it if I were you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• "The Drive seems to have some errors. Would prepare myself to replace it if I were you."

Hi David,
    I'm panicking more that just a little now. So I had a drive failure, waited until the warranty replacement arrived, that started to rebuild ok before I got to this state. Are you suggesting the replacement drive has failed or one of the others? If its one of the others then my data is lost right? I would appreciate you help in ascertaining the next step please.

• Ive catpured the states for the other drives

SDB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• SDD

• SDE

• Assembling MD array mdOMVRaid5... failed (not enough devices) means that there is at leas one HDD less than i takes to boot up the raid.

Looks like you built up a RAID 5 with only 3 drives and used the 4th as a HotSpare. Correct?

BTW. Codeboxes are now scrollable. Please use them instead of spoilers ;) Thanks!

• This is the steps I took, which I hoped was recovering the raid not just adding a hotspare.
    So oringinal raid was 4 drives, one died, so replaced and followed steps as above.. I though this was adding the new drive to the RAID (which was working at the time just without the resilience). So if this did as a hotspare, another drive has failed whilst this was happening I've lost all my data right?

This was an email message I recieved whilst it was repairing...

Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]md127 : active raid5 sdd[4] sdb[0] sde[3] sdc[1](F) 8790795264 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/2] [U__U] [==================>..] recovery = 93.4% (2738177408/2930265088) finish=335.8min speed=9532K/sec

• Maybe @ryecoaaron can take a look at this... I already discussed with david yesterday. We both were not sure about this:

Code
    State : clean, FAILED
    Active Devices : 2
    Working Devices : 3
    Failed Devices : 1
    Spare Devices : 1

• Do you think I need to replace the drive SDB (S/N WD-WMC1T2837415) due to those errors?
    I'm assuming something to do with the way I added the new replacement drive (WD-WCC4N0219644 replacing faulty WD-WMV1T2427260) it didnt rebuild into the RAID5 (I think you mentioned hot standby) therefore when I had the wickly bad luck of a 2nd drive failing in this state - I've losts all my data right?

What I dont understand is all the drives are showing in physical disks but when I look in RAID management nothing is there, and if I attempt to create a new one (was going to do it just looking) none of the drives show up?

I would really appreciate help here, and I'm so sorry to keep posting - but as you can imagine I want to get the server working again ASAP - preferablly with all my data (but accept this now may have been lost). Thank you....

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would do the following:

Code
    mdadm --stop /dev/md127
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] --verbose --force

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    root@OMV:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md127
    mdadm: stopped /dev/md127
    root@OMV:~# mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] --verbose --force
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127
    mdadm: cannot open device /dev/sdc: Device or resource busy
    mdadm: /dev/sdc has no superblock - assembly aborted
    root@OMV:~#

BTW - When 1st booting the system, it stops at the point shown as shown below, and I used Cntrl+D to continue (that way the GUI works). Should I try the above commands when prompted the below BEFORE Cntrl+D?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hit ctrl-d to continue and try:

Code
    mdadm --stop /dev/md127
    mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdc
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1000

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try booting systemrescuecd and try the same commands.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, I meant systemrescuecd.

• My appologies....

It would seems depending upon the boot method the drive letters changed so I tried the following in an attempt to identify the correct drive letter, which looks like sde, so then tried the superblock command but got the attached results....
    mdadm --stop /dev/md127

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, drive letters can change. I assume sdc is now sde. Must be something wrong with that drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!