Web Gui only uses half of the screen

• I'm new to OpenMediaVault and I think it's a goot Tool.

My Problem is, that the Web Gui only uses half of the Screen in the middle. At both sides it shows only a dark grey background.

So my Question:

Is there a way to change this, so I can use the entire Screen for the Webpage?

Thank you,

Thorsten.

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No, this behaviour is by reason. Using the whole width of the screen would give the UI no benefit because the dashboard would not display more widgets in a column or the form fields will only get ultra wide with no benefit. Instead it will reduce UX because you have to move the mouse much more to reach the OK or cancel button and to move back to the navigation bar. This issue has been discussed already and the UI will not change its behaviour.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • The ui isn't very intuitive so it really would cost you in mouse travel. The left nav bar is an example of low intuition as it doesn't check for visible vertical height, so everytime I click a new category, the previous category root node collapses... very "mobile first"... very annoying. Before OMV 6 or 5, it would never do that. Of course how long or often do you use the GUI? So no big deal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!