Segmentation fault. Still possible to backup ??

• Have not used the server for a while. Switched it on but

- no Samba,

- cannot sign on via WebUI, get '500 - Internal Error'

But could sign on via ssh. run `omv-firstaid` and got python errors

Python
    Error processing line 1 of /usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/__editable__.luma.examples-0.0.0.pth:

Fatal Python error: init_import_site: Failed to import the site module
    Python runtime state: initialized
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<frozen site>", line 192, in addpackage
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/__editable___luma_examples_0_0_0_finder.py", line 4, in <module>
        from importlib.util import spec_from_file_location

nasr sudo omv firstaid.txtnasr sudo omv firstaid.txt

------------------------------------------

OMV 7.0-22 (Sandworm), RPI4B

• done7k

Hat den Titel des Themas von „500 - Internal Error. And OMV-firstaid does not run..“ zu „omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ geändert.
  • this error returner even i simply run 'python'. what is this 'bad marshal data' ?? how do I fix the python installation?

• done7k

Hat den Titel des Themas von „omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ zu „python fatal error. omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ geändert.
  • run `sudo omv-upgrade`... did something with errors but completed.

reboot

python seems works now but..

`omv-firstaid` returns

Code
    Segmentation fault

`omv-upgrade` returns

Code
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 3013 (apt-get)
    N: Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and may break your system.
    E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

webUI returns 502 error..

What else can I try.???????

• done7k

Hat den Titel des Themas von „python fatal error. omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ zu „nothing works but ssh only.. python fatal error. omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ geändert.
  • the `sudo apt-get install` returns 'Segmentation fault' and a list of problematic packages. how do I correctly reinstall them?

Code
    Segmentation fault
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
     installed openmediavault package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 139
    Setting up linux-image-6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8 (1:6.6.20-1+rpt1) ...
    Segmentation fault
    dpkg: error processing package linux-image-6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8 (--configure):
     installed linux-image-6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 139

• done7k

Hat den Titel des Themas von „nothing works but ssh only.. python fatal error. omv-firstaid does not run. 500 - Internal Error..“ zu „Segmentation fault“ geändert.
  • Trying to reinstall each package from the list of problematic ones. but it could not find openmediavault:rm64 file . what does it mean?

Code
    $ sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    13 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    E: Internal Error, No file name for openmediavault:arm64

• done7k

Hat das Label OMV 7.x hinzugefügt.
  • Ok, guys, if there is no solution for this problem, what is appropriate way to backup some OMV settings I can do now ? maybe some files I can store and then reapply to a fresh system?

• done7k

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Segmentation fault“ zu „Segmentation fault. Still possible to backup ??“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

if there is no solution for this problem, what is appropriate way to backup some OMV settings I can do now ? maybe some files I can store and then reapply to a fresh system?

You can do that with omv-regen. But the system must be updated and the database in good condition. I don't know if your system meets those conditions at this time. [How to] Migrate/Restore OMV Settings to Another System with omv-regen

Otherwise you can make a copy of the /etc/openmediavault.config.xml file. That file is the OMV database and contains all the configurations. It can serve as a reference when you have to configure the new system in the GUI. You will only be missing the users and passwords.

• I have rebooted the system and python stop working again complaining the file content is wrong::

Code
    /usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/__editable__.luma.examples-0.0.0.pth

renamed the file. Python works but the system is not getting updated still - Segmentation fault..

• have rebooted the system and python stop working again complaining the file content is wrong::

This the content of that folder on a working system:

Code
    xxxx@panela:~ $ sudo ls -al /usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/
    total 8
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 11 17:33 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Mar 11 17:33 ..

What is the output of:

sudo cat /usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/__editable__.luma.examples-0.0.0.pth

• What is the output of:

just one line (i renamed the file to *.bkp for now):

Code
    $ sudo cat /usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/__editable__.luma.examples-0.0.0.pth.bkp
    import __editable___luma_examples_0_0_0_finder; __editable___luma_examples_0_0_0_finder.install()

in my case there many more files in the folder:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von done7k ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!