rsync with Openmediavault 7

• Helle, where can i find a guid to use rsync with Openmediavault 7?

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…:utilities_maint_backup&s[]=rsync

I want to sync /home/op with my OMV 7 User op.

Greets

openmedianer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Rsync command lines examples, in OMV doc's are -> here. Copying is from source to destination.

The difference between copying drive to drive and folder to folder, is drilling down to the exact folders that you want to copy.

The following is an example drive-to-drive rsync line, that copies the root of one drive to the root of another drive:

rsync -av /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3bdb3de5-218b-4930-bb61-05cda64f8c6b/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-dfa2df17-9764-4a47-8e9d-9a36ff74ca37/

All that is needed to copy folders is drilling down to the appropriate sub-directories

rsync -av /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3bdb3de5-218b-4930-bb61-05cda64f8c6b/home/op/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3bdb3de5-218b-4930-bb61-05cda64f8c6b/backup/op/

The above would copy everything under the /home/op/ folder to /backup/op/ on the same drive. (When you see /home/op/ it's the equivalent of /home/op/* Everything under op is copied.)

If you need help determining source and destination folders, you could use something like -> WinSCP to drill down what you're looking for and copy the location from the address bar and paste it into a command line.  Don't forget to add the trailing "/" at the end of the location.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Beyond the above, some of rsync's switches are covered in the maintenance doc. (Read and heed the advice on the --delete switch. Don't use it without careful consideration.)

More info on rsync is available here -> command line examples and here -> man page. (You don't need an rsync daemon for local copies.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!