Speed drop with specific Kernel/Samba version

• Hi

this problem is listed and described in more details here:

Degraded network performance after recent update · Issue #4133 · raspberrypi/linux
    Describe the bug I'm using a Pi 4 as a basic Samba share for several months now. Recently after performing a system update & upgrade I noticed a degraded read…
    github.com

I'm thinking if this is OMV related or not ( not sure if Samba is part of RPi OS or OMV installation, I guess OMV).

In general I face this problem with any Kernel version above 5.4.79-v71+. Had it with OMV5, not it's the same with OMV7.

Right now I'm using newest RPi OS 64bit with OMV7 ( fresh install) but still have these speed drops to 60-70MB/s and only for Read. Write is around 100MB/s all the time.

What is interesting is that it's enough to restart Samba to get speed back to what they should be (~100MBs/) which makes me think maybe it's Samba issue?

if you have any clue on how to hunt it down it will be appreciated!

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I'm thinking if this is OMV related or not ( not sure if Samba is part of RPi OS or OMV installation, I guess OMV).

In general I face this problem with any Kernel version above 5.4.79-v71+. Had it with OMV5, not it's the same with

On an RPi running OMV, the kernel version is determined by the raspberry pi repo and the samba version is determined by the debian repo. OMV just configures the smb.conf file.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• any clue how to hunt down this problem? For sure it's software related as samba restart brings back speeds to original ones. Sometimes it also fixes itself ( 50-60MBs transfer, then it goes back to 100 after few hours.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!