Shared folder is empty when accessing SFTP via any user except one

• Any time I try to connect to my server via the SFTP service, the shared folders are empty unless I use my own account, the one that I created when I first installed OMV6.

I've given read and write permission to the shared folders via the shared folder permissions interface, as well as linked the shared folder to the user in the SFTP interface. I have no idea what I'm doing, I've even copied the test user's groups to EXACTLY match mine and the test user still can't see anything inside the shared folder.

Update: Same problem seems to happen with regular FTP as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is that the shared folder privileges are NOT applied to the file system as mentioned in the info note on that UI page. It is only for service access. Your problem surely relies on the problem thet the user has no FILE SYSTEM PRIVILEGES. Go to the shared folder page, press the ACL button in the action toolbar and apply the necessary user access rights on the file system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using sftp plugin or just using sftp to connect to the regular ssh port?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The problem is that the shared folder privileges are NOT applied to the file system as mentioned in the info note on that UI page. It is only for service access. Your problem surely relies on the problem thet the user has no FILE SYSTEM PRIVILEGES. Go to the shared folder page, press the ACL button in the action toolbar and apply the necessary user access rights on the file system.

I'm trying to avoid using ACLs since the devs don't recommend using them at all. They did seem to be causing strange issues during the brief time I used them.

Are you using sftp plugin or just using sftp to connect to the regular ssh port?

The SFTP plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The SFTP plugin.

Are you connecting to port 222 (or whatever port you set in the plugin)?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then as Volker said, your user(s) don't have privileges to the files. Giving read/write permissions to a shared folder does not change the permissions on the files in that shared folder. Without being able to see what groups the user(s) are currently in and what group owns the current files, it is hard to say what is wrong. The resetperms plugin can fix the files by changing the permissions on the current files in the shared folder. Just realize that it is resetting those permissions and that may not always be what you want.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!