FTPS pasv is gererally working but after som time (5 to 10 hours) no dir/file listing is possible anymore

• Hello,

ive set up a FTPS passive mode server in OMV v6.9.15-1.

The server is working flawlessly for a couple of hours but after some time and downloads (5 to 10 hours) no dir/file listing is possible anymore when connecting until I dis-/ reenable the ftp service.

I forwarded 55555 as communication Port and 55556-55812 as passive port range at the router to the OMV IP.

I acivated the TLS advanced option "no session reuse required".

Has anyone an idea, what could be the problem?

Thank You

Bernd

Has anyone an idea, what could be the problem?Keine Session-Wiederverwendung benötigtKeine Session-Wiederverwendung benötigtn

6.9.15-16.6.9.15-19.15-1

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Have you considered using SFTP server/client instead. Much simpler.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi gderf, yes I did, but sftp shows the complete root file system of OMV to the authenticated user, not only the configured ftp home directory, despite the ftp user cann only access the ftp home directory. And I dont want that.

The exact same config (same ports, same router forwarding but to the IP of the filezilla PC) is working flawlwessly with filezilla ftps server.

And for some time it is working with omv also (perhaps its the DSL forced disconnetion and new public IP?)

• If you use the SFTP plugin the configured user will only have access to the configured folder, not the entire filesystem.

If you don't know your IP address you can't expect offered services to be reachable. Get a free dynamic DNS host name and updater, then use the name to connect to.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi gderf,

I hope I found the problem.

The option "refresh time" of the masquerade address was initially set to 0 (disabled), so after forced DSL reconnect and new public IP address, FTPS didnt work anymore. I had to set refresh time to 300s and since more than 24h the server is working fine. (longer than ever before)

Regarding SFTP: If the user (member of users group) you specified for the SFTP share is not in the group "sftp-access", the user isn´t locked in the specified SFTP share and has access to the whole root filesystem (perhaps a bug?)

Adding the user to the sftp-access group (so he is member in users and sftp-access) locks the user in the SFTP share.

Now FTPS and SFTP is working so far.

Thank You for your help.

• millber

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • millber

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!