Snapraid: Missing 'parity' specification in '/etc/snapraid.conf'

• Hallo,

ich habe das Problem, das Snapraid über der Konsole nicht funktioniert.

Über das GUI funktioniert es einwandfrei.

Da ich 4 error files nach einem sync habe, wollte ich -e fix laufen lassen?

Code
    $ snapraid status
    Self test...
    Missing 'parity' specification in '/etc/snapraid.conf'

Warum ist die Konfiguration leer?

In der GUI wird sie mir angezeigt:

Danke für die Hilfe!

• Lacelte

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Missing 'parity' specification in '/etc/snapraid.conf'“ zu „Snapraid: Missing 'parity' specification in '/etc/snapraid.conf'“ geändert.
  • I'll have this translated directly into English with the kind help of Google,

maybe there will be someone who can help me :)

The point is that Snapraid works in the GUI but not in the console.

When I call up the configuration, it is empty.

This is present in the GUI in the plugin.

What can I do so that I can operate Snapraid via the console?

Many thanks for the help!!

• Most likely you are running snapraid commands in the shell without specifying a configuration file. This will probably default to using /etc/snapraid.conf which in your case does not specify any hard drives.

You need to look in /etc/snapraid There will most likely find a configuration file with a very long name, for example (but not usable by you):

omv-snapraid-cf17351c-125a-4c4c-8516-710a4b9a40f7.conf

Then when running snapraid commands in the shell you should specify the configuration file along with the command like this.

snapraid -c /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-cf17351c-125a-4c4c-8516-710a4b9a40f7.conf status

I am doing some guesswork here because I do not use the SnapRAID plugin and my config file is the default which does not need to be specified.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You need to look in /etc/snapraid There will most likely find a configuration file with a very long name, for example (but not usable by you):

Thank you for this hint.

That's right, I can find the configuration there.

Is it possible that I shouldn't have deleted the standard array and added my disks there?!

At least it works exactly as you described :)

Quick question perhaps.

Is -e fix the correct approach here?

Thank you very much!!

• I am not sure as I do not use the plugin myself as far as why the config file is located where it is. Probably done that way to support multiple arrays which might use different config files?

The SnapRaid manual answers questions about shell commands and options.

https://www.snapraid.it/

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

am not sure as I do not use the plugin myself as far as why the config file is located where it is. Probably done that way to support multiple arrays which might use different config files?

Correct. The plugin also creates a symlink to the config file in the /etc/snapraid folder named with the array's name.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why does this fact not appear in any documentation?

Because I think I'm not the only one who likes to use Snapraid via the console.

In OMV6 there was no option to use multiple arrays.

But now that this is possible, the circumstance should at least be documented, right?

And another thought: isn't it possible to simply specify the name of the array that you used in the GUI instead of the long name (omv-snapraid-4c0198f9-ec0a-4b8f-810c-eb4b735eb4bb.conf)?

Sure, now that I know, I'll just save it to a text file - no problem. But it's tricky :)

I hope Google translates it understandably for you :)

• I can't help you with what is or is not documented.

And another thought: isn't it possible to simply specify the name of the array that you used in the GUI instead of the long name (omv-snapraid-4c0198f9-ec0a-4b8f-810c-eb4b735eb4bb.conf)?

Read @ryecoaaron's post above. I believe he said there is a symlink with the array name that points to its conf file. Does this not help?

--

• Mh, I don't think I understand that technically :)

What does that mean for me?

Where can I find this link and how does it work?

Does that possibly have something to do with this?

• As I said, I don't use the plugin.

What is the output of this command?

Code
    ls -al /etc/snapraid

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why does this fact not appear in any documentation?

The point of OMV is to use the web interface. We don't typically document command line things unless they are required.

Because I think I'm not the only one who likes to use Snapraid via the console.

Why?

In OMV6 there was no option to use multiple arrays.

But now that this is possible, the circumstance should at least be documented, right?

Actually, multiple arrays were available in 6.2+ versions of the plugin. It was in the testing repo though. Feel free to contribute if the docs you want are missing.

As I mentioned above and gderf reminded, there is a symlink you can use:

Code
    aron@omv7dev:~$ ls -al /etc/snapraid
    total 32
    drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 Mar  8 10:43 .
    drwxr-xr-x 133 root root 12288 Mar 30 15:43 ..
    -rw-r--r--   1 root root  1016 Mar  8 10:43 omv-snapraid-193819d0-f5b1-4926-9ccc-d56c877a4335.conf
    -rw-r--r--   1 root root  1016 Mar  8 10:43 omv-snapraid-7ebf61f2-7370-4152-bf78-6a2e01249e01.conf
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    68 Mar  8 10:43 s1.conf -> /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-7ebf61f2-7370-4152-bf78-6a2e01249e01.conf
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    68 Mar  8 10:43 s2b.conf -> /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-193819d0-f5b1-4926-9ccc-d56c877a4335.conf

snapraid -c /etc/snapraid/s1.conf sync 

works just like

snapraid -c /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-7ebf61f2-7370-4152-bf78-6a2e01249e01.conf sync

s1 is the array's name in this example.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• What is the output of this command?

Code
    $ ls -al /etc/snapraid
    insgesamt 24
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root root   4096 30. Mär 02:31 .
    drwxr-sr-x+ 108 root users 12288 30. Mär 02:03 ..
    -rw-r--r--    1 root root   1922 30. Mär 02:31 omv-snapraid-4c0198f9-ec0a-4b8f-8                                                                                                                                                             10c-eb4b735eb4bb.conf
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root     68 30. Mär 02:31 snapraid.conf -> /etc/snapraid/om                                                                                                                                                             v-snapraid-4c0198f9-ec0a-4b8f-810c-eb4b735eb4bb.conf
    $

As I said, I don't use the plugin.

All good, it's aimed more at the general public :)

• Why?

Because I wanted to use the "Fix" command with the -e filter. So that Snapraid only repairs the corrupted data and doesn't have to go through the entire array?

. Feel free to contribute if the docs you want are missing.

I can certainly understand and if my English were better, I would like to get involved. But unfortunately the language barrier is there :)

As I mentioned above and gderf reminded, there is a symlink you can use:

Ah, okay, now I understand.

It's sometimes not easy to understand as an outsider :)

Thanks for the help!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because I wanted to use the "Fix" command with the -e filter. So that Snapraid only repairs the corrupted data and doesn't have to go through the entire array?

I could add that feature to the plugin but don't have a way to show the output when it is running.

I can certainly understand and if my English were better, I would like to get involved. But unfortunately the language barrier is there

Write something in your native language and we can translate and edit. It would be easier to start with something than write it from scratch.

• What did i do wrong?

Code
    $ snapraid -c /etc/snapraid/snapraid.conf status
    Self test...
    Failed to create the lock file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-dc50bb6a-604d-4465-af47-1bba914cf789/snapraid.content.lock'. Permission denied.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't use sudo or run the command as root.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!