OMV server cannot reach remote subnet, but other clients can

• Hi,

I've the following configuration: Two routers (AVM Fritz!Box) connected with a VPN tunnel at different locations. In my home network, I've a OMV box (6.9.14-1) with various docker containers where one is Home Assistant and two zigbee2mqtt containers. In my remote network, I've a Zigbee bridge, which feeds sensor data into Home Assistant. Yesterday it worked without issues.

Today, my zigbee2mqtt instance which connects to the remote subnet lost its connection and I cannot get the connection to the Zigbee bridge back online. After an awful lot of searching, I found out that the docker container cannot reach the remote subnet anymore. I don't know why, I made some container upgrades today (portainer and pihole for example). I drilled further and detected that my OMV server is also not able to reach the remote subnet while other clients like my laptop and mobile phones connected to WIFI can. My OMV box is connected by LAN.

My OMV network config is rather simple:

IPv4: DHCP

IPv6: Disabled

DNS: 8.8.8.8

That's it.

Can somebody give me a hint how I can reach the remote subnet? Do I need to enter a static route? I'm confused because the other clients have no issue reaching the remote subnet.

omv 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan) | Linux 5.10.0-23-amd64

• Maybe your routing is not working. I do not see a gateway on your OMV network. Try a traceroute on the cli from your OMV to the remote box. On the OMV console execute: traceroute IP Remote Box. Can you reach the remote box?

• Under Network -> Interfaces -> Edit one cannot enter the gateway when DHCP is selected.

Code
    192.168.178.0 = local network
    192.168.10.0 = remote network
    192.168.178.48 = OMV

However, I tried...

Code
    ip route add 192.168.10.0/24 via 192.168.178.1 dev eth0

...and it works now. Is this persistent?

omv 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan) | Linux 5.10.0-23-amd64

• However, I tried...

Code
    ip route add 192.168.10.0/24 via 192.168.178.1 dev eth0

...and it works now. Is this persistent?

Reboot and see.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!