Unknown admin login attempt

• Hi, from a few days I've been noticed by email that someone or something is trying to login as admin on my OMV webui. I've immediatley changed the password, but after a while the admin user gets banned.

Using omv-firstaid from ssh I'm able to reset the ban counter and login again, but the trouble keeps persist.

This is the error found on logs that appears very frequently:

Code
    openmediavault-webgui[153055]: Unauthorized login attempt from ::1 [username=admin, user-agent=python-requests/2.31.0]  

How could I find from which service or ip this login attempt does come from? My network is behind nat of my provider, so the OMV webui isn't available on internet.

I've OMV plugin into home assistant that uses the admin password, but I've already changed its password. So I guess it's something else which causes the ban.

Thanks!

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Thank you, I'm not able to find out which other service could be the root cause. Because I remember to have connected just the home assistant OMV addon, nothing else, which requires the admin's password.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!