[SOLVED]RAID vanishes after reboot

• Keywords - RAID, 5, vanishing, missing, deleted, reboot, restart, SSD, Hybrid, SATA, drive, Seagate, lenova, tower

First attempt was hardware raid.
    Drives installed into chassis straight from box. Drives reported five, and then added to the RAID group. Hardware synched the RAID. Fresh openmediavault install after synch and reboot. Everything showed up and worked - at first. Moved significant content to the raid. Rebooted after PLEX media service hung. RAID vanished.
    Had to rebuild and content was dropped/lost.

Rebuilt using software RAID based on advice from a coworker.
    installed fresh OMV.
    Built Software RAID
    Copied content to RAID
    Rebooted - RAID vanished
    After reboot, re-added drives to the Software RAID5.
    Resynched - Content was there.

From there I started posting on Board.

Net result after all this seems to be if using RAID5 and some or all hybrids - it may be advisable to wipe any drive prior to adding to the RAID group. the Factory may have a partition installed that is incompatible with RAID.

• I'm sorry for the long absence, but these months are really full of things to do...so back in the game, just to let others know, my HDD are fresh new, no intermediate things, just unboxed and put into the HDDs tray; both the HDD are Western Digital RED Hard Disks, both 1Tb.
    I had done a fresh install today just before reading these posts; now, I'll give another try with the new infos...
    Fingers crossed, I'll let you know..!

Thanks a lot anyway

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!