Setting up SMB Shares Correctly

• Hello,

as im setting up my OMV Sytem again, i wont to be sure to have created the correct shares.

Here is what i want:

1. Shared folder called "media" -> This folder will have a few subfolders. "Media" and it's subfolders should have : Read / Write for Administrators and Users. Read and Execute for Guests without password
    2. Shared folder called "docs" -> This folder will have a few subfolders. "docs" and it's subfolders should only have Read / Write for Administrators and Users.
    3. Shared folder called "upload" -> This folder should have read / write for Everybody.

The last times i tried it i had no access as guest to anything.

Can you please tell me the correct settings for my configuration when i create the shared folder and when i create the network share ?

Thank you in advance!

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Just set those permissions when you create your (fresh) Shared Folders. Then Setup the permissions for the Users. Everything else should be eaz.

Oh, and your Windows will have problems acknowledging all those permissions you're trying to achieve so be prepared to reboot your Windows Machine inbetween changing permissions/trying different logins.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!