Problem with file system/fstab

• I have a RasPi here with the RasPi build you provide. I'm booting the rootfs from an external hard drive which is located at /dev/sda1 and also has the same UUID as /dev/mmcblk0p2 as this was a dd clone.

/dev/mmcblk0p2 still appears in the file systems page even though it is not mounted and I believe I have removed it from my .config.xml file (I made a backup). Not a huge problem though.

The main issue is with another partition (/dev/sda3) on the same hard drive as the system boots from - it has my SQL databases on I use for shared folders/OwnCloud

I've changed hard drives and cloned information from them to another (/dev/sdb2) but this has messed up my mounts and the file systems page:

http://gyazo.com/62fbb86d5510190dc33a80228d976a51

My fstab is as follows:

When I 'mount -a' now for some reason it decides to mount /dev/sda1 to the same location as /dev/sdb2 is supposed to be mounted. In the web interface it shares the same available/used values because of this.

When I try to unmount certain partitions now I get a message similar to:

Zitat

Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[dir='/media/5d18be51-3217-4679-9c72-a54e0fc53d6b'])

However if I mount/unmount the drives manually it seems to solve it.

Ideally I'd like to mount my drives in a custom location like /media/USB1 (within the OMV interface) and still be able to use them for shared folders and with OVM interface. It'd be great too if I could use the 'mount/unmount' buttons on the web client.

Not sure if this is possible but I'm in a bit of a jam...

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you clone drives, the UUIDs are the same. If you want to keep using the drive with the same partitions, you need to change the UUID of the old partitions. Otherwise, it will mount the first one it finds.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, I had to delete entries in config.xml, create new UUIDS with 'tune2fs -U random /dev/sdXY' then reference them in my fstab:

Looks likes everything is working now :)

Is there a way to trick OVM to thinking that a referenced drive is not referenced with bind mounts?

• Currently I can't create shared folders on 'media/Crypt' which is not referenced - what does a file system need to be able to use it in shared folders?

Mounting via WebGUI is a good start.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!