Is there any way to preserve collectd.conf changes?

• Is there any settings file we can modify that will survive upgrades? I have modified my collectd file to transmit openmediavault information to influxdb + grafana, but am worried that the collectd.conf file may be replaced by stock file at some point by an upgrade. Is there a way to save this, or specify alternate config options (maybe a plugin?) that will survive updates?

Also, Collectd 5.4 is available, but I don't see any deb packages for debian. Has anyone tried successfully compiling a later version of collectd for openmediavault? OMV comes with 5.1, but 5.2 contains a plugin I need to aggregate cpu stats for all cores. I may give it a whirl in a VM first, but wondering if anyone else has come up with a way to update collectd on OMV.

Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von erich408 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The only way to get collectd.conf to survive updates (assuming you aren't changing items created by OMV and just adding new items) is to add a script to /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/. If you change the existing scripts, they will be overwritten by updates.

OMV is Debian Wheezy. So, it uses whatever Wheezy uses. Wheezy is about stability not bleeding edge. That is why you won't find 5.4. Volker doesn't have time to maintain newer packages as well as OMV. 5.4 may not use the same config and could cause problems if used with OMV. OMV 3.x is supposed to be based on Debian Jessie (no timeframe) and Jessie uses 5.4.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!