problem after installing openmediavault-flashmemory plugin

• Hello everybody,

First, as it's my first post here, many thanks for the OMV project, lot of great work, and thanks to people posting support : I didn't have to post until now since I found answers to all my questions by searching the forum.

Then, my 2 cents about the problem described here :
    I'm using the flashmemory plugin with success for about a month now (my OMV root FS is on SD card).
    For testing purposes I installed ZoneMinder on my NAS box. For now I have kept the default folders for Zoneminder in /var/cache/...

So what happened is that a few days ago i forgot to disable the recording of the camera plugged on the NAS ant it probably filled the tmpfs.

Then when I restarted the NAS, I had the same issue as described here : same error, no way to connect to the webGUI anymore.
    Creating the /Var/cache/openmediavault folder and chown openmediavault:openmediavault solved the problem.
    Obviously fs2ram and disk full are not 2 things to mix.
    Don't know if there is a easy way to prevent such things to happen, in my personal case of course, I will adjust the ZoneMinder conf to store pics on a true disk.

Hope it helps to spot the problem.

Cheers,
    Ben

• Thanks for the report.

We have been working on it since the first report, the next version of the plugin will be using folder2ram (from my github), a safer and simpler script for tmpfs folders because fs2ram is a pain to fix.
    Should go live within a few days (I hope).

/var/cache will probably remain on the OS "disk" (the flash device), the component responsible of most (all) automated writing there (cron-apt) is being disabled by the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

flashmemory 1.9 and folder2ram 0.5 are in the repo (stoneburner) now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!