problem after installing openmediavault-flashmemory plugin

• Did it according description. Now instead of webgui I got this on screen

Code
    Error #6000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to open file (filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omvwebguilogin_js.json, mode=w+).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:168Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(163): OMVJsonFile->open('w+')#1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(41): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->render()#2 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

As root: omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, but still the same, no Web GUI

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you reboot? What is the output of: mount

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Yes I did reboot

• Whats the output of apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

There is no harm in axecuting this command to your config.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    root@NAS:~# apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault                                                                                                         
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig                                                                                                                           
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.                                                                                                                              
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig                                                                                                               
    Erneute Installation von openmediavault ist nicht möglich,                                                                                                     
    es kann nicht heruntergeladen werden.                                                                                                                          
    0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.

Installation of OMV again is not possible, no download possible

• Is your Machine connected to the internet?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hast du in ner guten halben bis dreiviertel Stunde Zeit für ne Runde Teamviewer? Dann würd ich mal direkt drüber schauen, mir hatte das flashmemory plugin auch ins System gehackt, ich konnte es fixen, wobei wir nicht rausgefunden haben wieso der Fehler entstanden ist.

Gruß
    David

• Write (if you are already Root you don't need to write sudo)

Code
    sudo rm /etc/init.d/fs2ram

then

Code
    sudo reboot

This will delete the fs2ram startup script (the program controlled by that plugin, and also the one that is crashing the webinterface, as it relocates folders but it seems to have screwed up this time), and ask the device to reboot, on reboot the webinterface should be back to normal (and the plugin will be broken, of course).

Then reinstall the plugin and see if it still fails this way.

Most other actions fail horribly because fs2ram has moved some folders around and other components of the system can't work properly (dpkg and apt-get are among them).
    Again, after this procedure every other component should work fine again, as fs2ram was not started again on reboot, so their stuff will be there.

Btw, for others, I did warn of possible issues about fs2ram screwing up and crashing the webinterface. And that this procedure was the troubleshooting that I found was most effective, in a post here [Tutorial][Experimental][Third-party Plugin available]Reducing OMV's disk writes, also to install it on USB flash

I also said that adding a watchdog script that does this procedure automatically was a good idea.

• Zitat

Hast du in ner guten halben bis dreiviertel Stunde Zeit

Danke dir für das Angebot, aber nach Boba's Anleitung geht es jetzt wieder. Das Neu Installieren lasse ich besser.
    Jetzt kommt Bayern-Barcelona, nicht dass ich unbedingt Bayern Fan bin ;)

Code
    Then reinstall the plugin and see if it still fails this way.

Thanks for your help. I think, I will wait until the issues are solved. Hope my SSD will survive it.

• Thanks for your help. I think, I will wait until the issues are solved

You and I are the only two people who ever experienced this problem. A second install went fine for me, too.

Greetings
    David

• Thanks for your help. I think, I will wait until the issues are solved. Hope my SSD will survive it.

If you try again at least to see if it works fine at the second try, we can see if the problem is caused by something you have there or if it was just bad luck.
    That means, you can help us solving the issues. That's what testing is for after all.

With all my harsh testing the worst that happened was what happened to you, but I did it manually to simulate a crash or an error, if your system can trigger errors consistently, that's something useful to know so the plugin can be fixed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.5 in repo.

• before installing can you post the results of

Code
    free

and of

Code
    du -hs /var/cache/apt/archives

The first gives us the amount of ram in your system
    the second tells the size of a folder that I'm thinking is responsible.

If the second folder size is higher than half your ram, there are issues when installing the plugin. At the moment anyway.

• Code
    root@NAS:~# free                                                                                                                                             
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached                                                                                    
    Mem:       4025768     709400    3316368          0      48692     150260                                                                                    
    -/+ buffers/cache:     510448    3515320                                                                                                                     
    Swap:            0          0          0

Code
    root@NAS:~# du -hs /var/cache/apt/archives                                                                                                                   
    213M    /var/cache/apt/archives

I am a bit confused. After second trial yesterday failed, I did the remove, but no further enabling. Today when I saw your post, I did the commands, (but unfortunately I didn't look into the status of flashmemory, as I thougt it is still disabled). Then I did actualisation and want to enable it, but it already was enabled. Strange!
    Does that mean it works now? Any futher to check?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!