Had stable in Sources.list and saw a ton of updates after running apt-get update so ran and i am now on Jessie

• I was on a custom compiled kernel that supports SCST and maybe i should have given this more thought :(

anyway what is done is done, and only after trying to get back into the web interface which was broken, i saw that i was on Jessie.

so i can see that OMV doesnt work on Jessie, and i really really don't want to do a re-install as the NFS and SCST iSCSI & samba stuff works.

how long is OMV off being updated for Jessie? will it be more than 6 months or so?

Regards

Fuzzy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker said OMV 3.0 using jessie won't be released until at least 8.1 is released (maybe later). Since 2.x isn't out of testing, I am guessing 3.0 is most than six months away.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh well i might just stick with this and just manage the services etc via the CLI, there just too many issues trying to do a reinstall because of the boxes location and being headless, and because every time a re-installation has occured int he past it has been an absolute nightmare with issues with NIC bonding not working as per the GUI when you have multiple bonds.
    I don't know if this has been resolved, but its not the best and the recompilation of scst takes an age (still don't know why volker insists on using IET with OMV with all its problems)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The biggest issue with OMV on Jessie is systemd. I suppose you could always try to uninstall systemd and install sysvinit but I didn't suggest that :D (try in VM?)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• Yeah, just tried that it has failed miserably and bombed out half way through, the NAS in now in a state where Apt is not installed and for some reason dpkg or wget isn't either so any attempt to manually mess isn't going to work.

I've taken a backup of my config files and am ready for a re-install, as i work away my ideal scenario is to be able to this during the week as i work away and have time free, and can use an ILO and Virtual Media for the install. the next question though i know is one that will be a stumbling block trying to the re-install remotely, is it still a requirement to disconnect all other drives than the system disk? does the installer not prompt yet where to write the bootloader?

or am i gonna have to get on the wife's nerves by working on it during the time i need to be with her and the kids *sigh*

:)

Cheers for the clarification

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you install Debian first, you won't need to disconnect the drives. If you use the OMV installed, you will need to disconnect.

• ryecoaaron,

Thanks for your help, i have managed to do a re-installation and i am am up and running bar recompiling the kernel for scst support, i will tackle that tomorrow :)

thanks again

• I would allways disconnect the drives on installation to avoid any problems that may or may not occur.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!