Beiträge von Kai

I have 1 shared folder out of 14 shares that all of a sudden overnight it pops up a message that Windows 10 cannot access it. Actually Windows Explorer can see all the sub folders in the OMV5 shared folder but it cannot open any of the Windows Explorer sub folder files. The one OMV shared folder contains 30 sub folders and all files in those sub folders are in accessible .pdf files. Non of those .pdf files can be accessed by Windows 10 Pro. I'm online in the OMV 5 web UI and can't seem to see any problems - BUT - then again , as you all well know . . . I am totally not an OMV expert by any means. I have rebooted OMV 5 twice and still no access to the one folder share. Could it be that my problem is Windows based and not OMV5? Any help?

After months of dilly dallying around I have had success. Plex is now up and running correctly including LIVE TV and DVR. Thanks goes out to the forum for patience with a beginner in OMV 5 configuration.

A cleanup of my filesystems, a new Portainer Container (carefully created, I might add), and this thread was the solution package. Thanks again. :thumbup::)

Thanks KM0201. Now understood.

Your root fs is the 7th line in your first screenshot of cat /proc/mounts. It is not "noexec". Cannot be.

So, are you telling me that I need to remove the "noexec" in the securityfs line?

I still have the document you linked from yesterday for noexec removal but I don't think I'm understanding how that doc would help me remove the flag. I'm a little confused. I'm probably misconstruing things here. Kinda like spoon feeding a baby ain't it? :|

Before making any further modifications, did you check if you only need to remove the "noexec" from the filesystem with the label Plex? Is this where your Plex config folder are?

What I have done is removed the Plex filesystem altogether. It was there from a previous excursion with making Plex work. In the below it can be seen that the noexec file is no longer present in the sdb1 WD4TBBlue1 ext4. I do now have the Plex config file now located within that WD4TBBlue1 ext4 filesystem. That leaves sda1 as the filesystem with noexec still existing. However, I am assuming that since the sda1 is my OMV 5 OS filesystem there is no need for the noexec's to be of concern there relative to anything Plex.

So, all that said, am I tracking correctly on everything?

And yes, is to copy/paste the command posted above.

Antecipating further questions: you'll have to run that command as "root" or with a user with "sudo" pre-pended to the command.

Same goes with the "nano" command.

Thank you Soma. Much appreciated. I'll give it a go.

No, you're supposed to READ the page that macom posted to see what you need to do to remove/change the noexec to exec on that file and then re-deploy it:

I have already went to the page - and READ it - and fully understand it. Yeesh. My post questioning was referencing the backup procedure before beginning any of that which macom provided (Post #4).

Make sure to make a backup of config.xml before you do any changes.

I don't get into the guts of OMV5 very often at all. Thus, I hate like heck asking the following but have no choice: Where do I find the config.xml and what method do I use to back it up?

A while back I used this video to install Plex in OMV5. In tracing down a recent issue I am cross checking the noexec command. The video showed me exactly how to remove the command but I think it still exists in a /dev/ where it shouldn't.

1. Attachments noexec_02 and _03 show my OMV5 storage structure
    2. Using Putty I typed in the command line: cat /proc/mounts
    3. It resulted in attachment noexec_01 being displayed
    4. I see that on /dev/sdb1 that noexec is still showing when I thought it would be removed
    5. Am I looking at the right /dev/ for the right result?
    6. Or do I need to do something different than this video has instructed me to do (which I followed explicitly) ???

Thanks for helping,

Kai

Okay thanks. I was just getting ready to add a comment back to you because I found that typing 'id admin' in Putty also gave me the result I was wondering about in my post #3. Thanks again for helping me get through this miniscule issue macom.

Okay. So when I entered 'id 998', it did return 998, 100, and 100. Do you advise that OMV5 be run with a User name or is everything just fine without adding a user to the setup? Additionally, in the future if I again forget what to enter after 'id' what should I enter if I can't remember 998?

I never have created a User Name for my OMV5 environment. So today I use Putty to try and locate my UID and GID and come up with the results in the below screen shot. The results look strange to me. I thought for certain I saw them months back as being 998 and 100. Why are the results showing as 0, 0, 0, today?