Beiträge von jericho

You are right!

I forgot to mention that I've plex installed alongside on system disk.

I suppose I can clonezilla remotely but I was looking something more, like duplicatti plugin but I don't to integrate any plugin in the server :s

Hello.

I've a OMV system with an ide hdd for system disk and a raid 5 data disk.

I've build a second machine (debian server based) and what I want is to use it as backup server for various backup purpose but primarily for omv system disk (the meta data are about 60gb).

Can you suggest and solution ? I prefer not to go into any omv plugins but to call scheduled backup directly from the server (ideal solution remotely from a web interface through the same network (i have build a rasp vpn so i can reach it from anywhere))

Thank you in advance.

Greetings.

I've update through putty my server today and one of the packages was a smb update.

I did it.

It told me that maintainer package has different configuration but I did it anyway :/

Now everything from the inside looks good (plex and smb/cifs and shared folders from omv) but when I smb \\ through windows its just bring me one folder (i guess my workgroup) when i double click it it say cannot access (network path not found).

Is there any way to roll back or replace the smb config from the old version?

-----------------------UPDATE-----------------

I fix it!

I just change privileges on one folder though OMV and it applied the configuration again, all folders are back :D

Greetings.

Not sure what is this.

I've saw it twice randomly at different days.

Everything working fine though.

After some googling I found that maybe it has something to do with the video card and the kernel and made some changes to config but thought asking here first :)

There is no "fixing" that. When you disable monitoring, it restarts engined and php-fpm. monit is doing its job and notifying you for each state. Most actions in the web interface don't restart these services.

If I understand correctly this is a kind of "monitoring state" to warn me about the specific jobs when I start or restarting the pc?

Because only when I starting or restarting I got these alerts (something that didn't happen before upgrading from erasmus 3.0.99)

At that time the only alerts I got was the the standard input is not a tty and "CRON-APT completed on omv".

The strange thing is that after the upgrade I don't get that anymore!

Anyway!

Thank you :)

Have you tried the following?

• Clear browser cache (or use a different one for testing)
    • Disable Monitoring / enable monitoring in the GUI of OMV

I feel ashamed I din't think clearing the cache :D :P

It worked the graphics are fixed

Though after restart I also getting these

Does not exist Service php-fpm

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:39:00
    Action: restart
    Host: omv
    Description: process is not running

Exists Service php-fpm

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:39:33
    Action: alert
    Description: process is running with pid 762

Does not exist Service omv-engined

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:39:02
    Description: process is not running

Exists Service omv-engined

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:39:33
    Description: process is running with pid 1037

Greetings.

I'm getting similar messages after updating to 4.1.9 Arrakis.

The difference is my web interface experience some difficulties with the graphics in the main menu options (if I go directly to a submenu all working fine).

"Does not exist Service rrdcached

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:11:47
    Description: process is not running"

I also getting this one

"Exists Service rrdcached

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:12:19
    Description: process is running with pid 1038"

Greetings.

I've started constructing my build a couple of months ago.

I build it upon an old ASUS P5Q-E I had with an Intel Dual core Duo E8500 3.2Ghz, that gives me 6 + 2 x Sata II 3Gbps (the +2 is for eazy backup but with a little tempering I made a good use for the one of them) so total 7 sata II ports :D

The mobo also had ide conectors so I user an old 160GB ide HD for the omv + plex.

System has 4 GB of RAM and running fairly smooth but I'm thinking to put another 4GB.

Currently I'm running on raid 5 with 4 x WD Red NAS 4TB and in the future I'll completed with another 3 (but I need to change my 550 PSU with something bigger, maybe a corsair 750 CXi).

After setting the initial build I had the idea to buy a Dell Perc 6i Pci-e SAS Raid Controller (I can find cheap on ebay with battery and cables) so I'll have the advantage of the cache in case of.. I don't know :)

I also bought a 1500 VA UPS (with 0.6 factor so I think it will fit great with the 750 PSU).

Currently I've sorted through plex roughly 2K of movies plus 1TB of music plus documentaries and I've to sort out around 3K movies of external HD's plus 14TB of TV-Series.

I know the numbers wont fit but maybe I'll build a second one with the controller in the future I dunno.

I want to thank the guys who help me at the beginning and for all the advise they give about setting up and pick a media center here in the forum :)

I use MiniDLNA for years, and notice the same that you, some folders are empty on MiniDLA side, this normally is not a codec problem, is a permission/name of the file problem, please do this test:

1 - copy the files that you can´t see on MiniDLNA on the root level folder (copy only one or two for the test), if you can view on the root folder is not a codec problem is a permission/problem witth some chareacters on the name of the file.

PD: root folder= the folder you can use in the miniDLNA config, in my case /mnt/myHD/Video

Great info!

Unfortunately I've understand that mini dlna is very simple and I believe is intended mostly for personal videos etc cause it can't support subtitles.

But yeah is great and very light if you don't mind the subs.

No problem.

Give us a feedback ;)

Greetings.

I'm very happy with the setup.

Plex is running great as service (I've install it through PuTTy), very low on resources, dlna cast great (thought my smart tv wasn't what I was expecting so I bought a google cast).

Have to reorganize my collection thought cause my movies / music filenaming please partially Plex but that's OK.

I sign up for a month with plex but I believe I'll go for the life time membership.

Goal is to migrate all my 30TB of movies, tv series, documentary, music etc.

I've ordered alrready 3x4TB wd red so i can start a raid 5.

Luckily my Asus P5Q mobo has 8 sata II ports (which I can use the 7 :D).

Generally I believe I've found what I'm looking for.

Embry is worth a look, too.

The CPU is more than enough as I have a E8400@3,6Ghz and I had no problem with Serviio transcoding.
    The switch is for sure a bottleneck for large file. A Gigabit one should solve that too... so you can run the DLNA server you want IMO.

I believe so.
    I'm working on with this all day.
    I came to the conclusion for a fresh install and run Plex as service from debian itself and not as OMV plugin.
    Time will tell.
    Thanks for the help.

Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz.

Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space.

I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace it yesterday with a Netgear Gigabit.

I'll give a shot with again with plex but I've also read that UMS is very good as well and I'll test it next.