Beiträge von raven66

Uhmmmm, correct me, if I'm wrong, but after roughly reviewing these 3 solutions, I see that they are only "viewers", I mean, they catalog photos, group them, display, serve via LAN etc., but there's no APPLICATION on mobile, to automatically backup photos/media from phone to our OMV? Or is it?

First, the plugin creates the "sftp-access" group. You don't need to create any groups and sftp-users would not help.

Umm, miswrite, I meant of course "sftp-access" group.

This is done.

Second, you need "Allow access to sftp-access group only" enabled.

Third, the user "dream" needs to be part of the sftp-access group (easy to add from the Users tab not the plugin). Otherwise, you will see all of the folders because the user is not in a chroot.

Yup,I enabled that.

User "dream" is a part of the group.

Finally, are you connecting to the sftp plugin's port (222 by default) instead of the ssh port (22 by default)? sftp works on both. If you connect to the ssh port, you will see all of the folders.

I'm connecting on 990 port.

Now it seems that this is correct.

User logged to SFTP see only "ebook" and "video" share, and also "dev", but I read it, that it has to be that way.

I hope that this setting will stick.

Thank you!

I've got the exact same problem with SFTP.

I'm using OMV 4.1.35-1 and SFTP 3.1.6 (pool/main/o/openmediavault-sftp/openmediavault-sftp_3.1.6_all.deb)

I have 3 users, one of them ("dream") I would like to use as SFTP account credentials:

I want to share only 2 sharedfolders via SFTP, this is Privileges for that user:

SFTP tab, there are only these 2 folders set as Shares:

fstab:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB/video /sftp/dream/video none bind,rw,nofail 0 0
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WORKX/ebook /sftp/dream/ebook none bind,rw,nofail 0 0

Yet, after testing connection, I can see whole root, with all of the folders AND moreover, I can freely download/upload every file (even from system folders):

https://i.imgur.com/Qo68pa4.png

I've been trying to set up a "sftp-users" group, restrict to "Allow access to sftp-access group only", but to no avail.

I can see my whole OMV build via SFTP...

This sounds very interesting to me.
    Is there a tutorial for (semi)noob with limited proficiency?

Another question, if I may.
    I have my OMV set on Intel i3-7100 @ 3,9 GHz and I have Asus laptop with i3-7100 @ 2,4 GHz (so laptop is theoretically less powerful than my OMV/NAS machine).

Yet, my VM (inside VirtualBox plugin from OMV repo), which is Lubuntu 18.10, is sooooooooooooooooo slow, that it barely works.
    I set up two same (identical) distros on OMV's VirtualBox and on Windows Oracle VirtualBox on my laptop.
    Both VMs have the same RAM amount, same CPU settings, same GFX memory, all settings are the same.

On Asus laptop, Lubuntu is working great, like bare-machine OS.
    But on OMV VirtualBox, the same Lubuntu is sluggish, slow and unresponsive. Everything works like on the edge of extinction.
    When I launch Chromium or Firefox, after several seconds the whole browser process became frozen and all the OS is almost not working - even opening the "start" menu takes like 10-15 seconds.

Why is that? Is it the problem with VirtualBox plugin itself? Or am I missing something?

your router have DHCP:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Yes, it has DHCP, but not static lease with friendly names.

Yeah, sorry, let me rephrase that.

What I mean is, that I want to assign "friendly" name to my OMV inside my LAN. So, instead of typing https://192.168.1.4 in browser in order to enter web administration, I would like to type https://my.omv (or similar).

Instead of \\192.168.1.4\backup\ in file explorer, I would like to type \\my.omv\

And so on...

I've tried to redirect my domain on my hosting, using A or CNAME records, but to no avail. Then, I was searching through my router panel to see if I can attach friendly name to my local IP, also no luck.

Eventually, I'm trying to force my NAS to do this. That was actually my question regarding this plugin.

Don't take this wrong way but if you don't know what dnsmasq is for, you probably don't need it. Your router is most likely providing everything it does for you already.

Oh, no problem :)
    I have no issue admitting, that I'm plain stupid in certain aspects.

But I'm curious and trying to learn new things every now and then.

PS. my router does not have IP translation to human-string, I've checked.