Beiträge von dont1982

How can I make Emby start when the omv starts up automatically? I have it directly installed, no docker. Any help would be much appreciated.

It can be as easy as running omv-release-upgrade from CLI..

Make sure

• to have OMV5 fully upgraded without issues
    • that all plugins you are using are available in OMV6
    • you have a backup / clone of your OS drive, so that you can go back in case it is needed

ok a real dumb question, how do I back up/clone my os drive? and only thing i have running on OMV5 is emby, portainer, and watchtower I think.

OMV is based on Debian. So what ever runs on Debian should run with Debian and OMV installed on top.

OMV5 and Debian 10 will be end of life soon. So better go for OMV6 which is based on Debian 11.

Is upgrading to omv 6 hard to do?

I have searched but could not find and answer specifically to my needs. Does anyone have a list of tv tuner cards for PCIE that will work with OMV5? A couple days ago my network took a lightning strike and fried my HD Home run, and i would like to have an all in one server set up. If this is not possible then I will order another HD Home Run. If there is a compatible tuner card, is there any special install instructions to incorporate this into Emby like my HD Home Run was? I want to attach my OTA antenna to the card and use my Emby to record shows like the HD Home Run was set up. I appreciate all the help I have received over the years with my tiny bit of knowledge of this system.

Can Nord VPN be installed on OMV 5? If so does any one have a step by step direction on how to do this? I would love to use sonar and radar but I cannot figure out how to install nord vpn onto my machine. Thank you For the help in advance

I changed the stack in portainer to what it looks like now on the github for emby. It is working now. Only thing I changed was the image to lscr.io/linuxserver/emby. I used to use emby server:latest but it would never update like it should. But after I changed the stack it seems to be working and I no longer have any of those errors when I reran the log command from earlier. Through all of this I have had access to the webgui.

Is your actual server online? Seems odd that just docker would be offline (just because you can get to the OMV webUI, doesn't mean you're online)..

What is the output of...

Code
    ping -c5 google.com

PING google.com (142.251.45.14) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=118 time=21.2 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=2 ttl=118 time=21.0 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=3 ttl=118 time=21.3 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=4 ttl=118 time=21.4 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=5 ttl=118 time=21.5 ms

--- google.com ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 10ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 21.011/21.272/21.475/0.189 ms

How do i update the yml and my stack? The container and version i assume is the up to date due to not having any update on emby.

sTry docker logs -f emby

And the YML (stack) will also help.

this is what has come up when I ran the command you suggested, I am also running this in portainer if that helps. I set it up like the video technodad did on YouTube awhile back. Also when i go to live tv it says no compatible streams available. I then go to channels and it has none. I just checked and my m3u file is working correctly outside of emby and OMV. It even says it cannot download a guide for me to map the channels to. I have a premiere license for emby. i hope this helps. this just started doing this today.

I have OMV5 and today I have noticed I do not have internet on my emby. The OMV shows it has internet but when I try to go to my m3U for my live tv it does nothing. I know the M3u is working due to the app that I have from the provider. I have rebooted the server, rebooted the container, rebooted my router. I have ran OMV-firstaid and reset my network configuration. Any help will be much appreciated.

Emby is ran in portainer. and i think i got it fixed. I ran fsck and it seems to be mounting itself now. the power went out last night when we had some bad storms and it came back on its own this time. Thank you all for the help

The app is emby and i have done all that, but when emby tries to clear cache that is the error i get. And i went to emby first and they stated it was an issue with structure of my machine. The drive that went bad i am pretty sure was part of a raid but i do not know for sure. Now i cannot get the other drive to be recognized after a power outage.

EDIT: I have got the drive to be seen. For some reason it will not auto mount now and i have to do it manually and it works after that. Any insight to both these problems will be much appreciated. Here is the exact error from emby :

Structure needs cleaning

at System.IO.FileStatus.EnsureStatInitialized(ReadOnlySpan`1 path, Boolean continueOnError)

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Init(FileStatus& fileStatus)

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Create(String fullPath, String fileName, FileStatus& fileStatus)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.&lt;&gt;c.<fileinfos>b__6_0(FileSystemEntry&amp; entry)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToList()

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</fileinfos>

I keep getting an error for an app that is trying to clean the cache out. the error points to structure needs cleaning, according to the app developers. I know I had a drive go bad and I couldn't unmount it correctly. So how can I get this taken care of? I know very little about openmediavault other than it works when it does and if it don't, come here and ask questions lol.

I have omv 5, and I was able to delete the SMB, and the shared folder, but when I try to delete the file systems tab I get the following error. Also the file has been unmounted and is not referenced.

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; wipefs -a '/dev/sdf1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': wipefs: error: /dev/sdf1: probing initialization failed: Device or resource busy in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:195
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(559): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(820): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->remove()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

This also happens when I try to delete a raid that I no longer need. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

how do i navigate to the folders through ssh?

so how do I get emby to always have permissions? i have admin user only made on omv., how do I get it to run directly on the machine? That would be great versus trying to figure out the docker crap. I would need very detailed info on this matter as I know virtually nothing about Linux.

emby keeps getting errors that it does not have permission to write to the drives. i go to shared folders in omv and reset permissions to everyone read and write. that fixes it for a minute but then it does it again.

I am running emby on omv 5 and it keeps losing the permissions to write to the drive and delete from the drives that make up my library. how in the world do i set this so it doesnt happen anymore. i have a bunch of recordings that didn't happen due to this. thank you all for the help in advance.:/:/

thought the switch was going bad so I made new cables to run to the router. Canles have been verified good by professional tester. Now I get an error about the nic card not being recognized. I tried omv-firstaid and it says error. Any help would be much appreciated. Tried to upload the pics if the errors but it says they are too big. i did a fresh install, it picked up the network cards and checked the mirror and everything but when it boots up it is not detecting a network card for some reason.

Update: Dont have a clue what i did but it is working now. probably going to start saving for a newer server lol.