Posts by dont1982

thought the switch was going bad so I made new cables to run to the router. Canles have been verified good by professional tester. Now I get an error about the nic card not being recognized. I tried omv-firstaid and it says error. Any help would be much appreciated. Tried to upload the pics if the errors but it says they are too big. i did a fresh install, it picked up the network cards and checked the mirror and everything but when it boots up it is not detecting a network card for some reason.

Update: Dont have a clue what i did but it is working now. probably going to start saving for a newer server lol.

my setup is as follows, modem to router, router to powered switch, computer, server, cameras, hdhomerun all plugged into the switch. Nothing other than the switch is plugged into my router.

What a router model?
    Some routers have the possibility to switch individual LAN ports into energy-saving mode, then the ports run only with 100mbit.

What say the output of

Code
    ethtool eth0

it is possible that you have to change eth0 to eth1 ... 3

Router model tenda ac1900. Here is the results it says it si running at 1000. what else could be the issue?

Files

• speed.png

(23.72 kB, downloaded 31 times, last: )

I have gigabit router, switch and ethernet on my server. the computer runs at gigabit speed, but the server is the only thing running 100. i have checked that the nic card is capable of gigabit and it is. i have replaced the cable with a cat6 cable and checked it and all wires are good. please help as this issue is wearing me out

Ok i have another problem, when i try to make a raid with the selected drives i get the following error that pops up.

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l stripe -n 2 -N TVShows /dev/sdb /dev/sdc 2>&1' with exit code '2': mdadm: super1.x cannot open /dev/sdb: Device or resource busymdadm: ddf: Cannot use /dev/sdb: Device or resource busymdadm: Cannot use /dev/sdb: It is busymdadm: cannot open /dev/sdb: Device or resource busy in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc(263): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRaidMgmt->create(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RaidMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

I have no idea what this means? any suggestions

I formatted manually and it worked thank you very much for the help. but now when i go to set up the raid i have no devices. Any suggestions on this?

Files

• disks.png

(151.56 kB, downloaded 74 times, last: )
    • raid.png

(130.35 kB, downloaded 51 times, last: )

shellinabox (yuck) is about the same as using the local machine. Connecting with putty via ssh is the way I do things. But all will work.

ok i am reformatting all drives and reinstalling omv. i will update when i get done and let you know if it works. thanks in advance

ok from command line u mean shell in a box or from the local machine. I'M sorry but i know very little about omv, i used if for the last couple yrs and watched the vids and never looked back now this lol. I appreciate all the help

yes sas drives were wiped and omv installed on one of the six. Then the other 5 were put into a raid in the bios that way omv could see them, the problem is the hdd's hooked up to the pcie card. omv can see them but when i try to wipe them and set them up for omv it will go through the process and then it says complete it removes itself from the list, therefore i cannot mount it. the card is working cause i have 2 hdd's that were able to be added. I used this card in my previous server with all these hdd's minus the dell poweredge and 6 sas drives.

Files

• new disk gone.png

(153.92 kB, downloaded 84 times, last: )
    • omv blocks.png

(156.93 kB, downloaded 67 times, last: )
    • omv disks.png

(135.55 kB, downloaded 66 times, last: )
    • omv format.png

(156.69 kB, downloaded 76 times, last: )

I didn't know where to put this, but i have a Dell Poweredge 2950 and have 6 sas drives that came with it. one drive is for the OMv os. the others i have in raid 5 throught the perc6 card, i have a pcie sas card in ti with 8 drives attached. the problem i am having is omv can see the drives but when i go to file systems to initialized them the only drives that show up are the os drive, and 5 sas drive raid configuration. In the list when i hit create, i have a list of all of them but when i create them it says complete but they never show up so i can mount them and use them. I have used this sas card in my previous server along with all the other drives. The only new thing i have is the 2950 and the sas drives, but it sees the sas drives. any help would be appreciated. No longer have errors that popup after i update. But the original problem is still there.

It does to me, you have to stop then remove it, then re run it, haven't found any other way to add that option.
    Or you create a scheduled job to run daily and add this as the command to run docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi this does the same as --cleanup

this is the error i get trying to add the command

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" --name="Watchtower" --label omv_docker_extra_args="-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --label omv_docker_container_command="docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi" "v2tec/watchtower:latest" docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi 2>&1' with exit code '123': Error: No such image: ba6cafef02e060a094656c7b6c9a07dd07d0e7eaf582d52b0e7406ff7a236238 in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

My Emby Docker install serves Kodi on a Pi mainly, to iPads I use VLC so everything is direct play, but in respect of your above image you need to add --cleanup to the Command option in Watchtower that would remove the other Emby image.
    As to your Live TV you might be better served asking on the Emby forum, I don't use it so can't offer any advice.

i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything. i cannont even stop watchtower from running. any suggestions?