Posts by kromsam

So some time ago I succesfully got Nextcloud running with Let's Encrypt. This is how I did it: Problems installing Nextcloud + Let's Encrypt

But some days ago. Nextcloud just stopped working. The container stopped and I could not restart it (the buttons where just grayed out). In the GUI when I clicked 'modify' I got the error that 'It is not possible to modify a data container'. There was no problem with the Let's Encrypt container because other nginx reverse proxies were still running.

I thought that I'd just rerun the Dockerfile (which is given in the other forum post). But then I encountered the following error:

So there is some issue with a read-only file system? Does someone no what is wrong?

Oh and yeah, now my Let's Encrypt container also stopped working. It is in the container list as Nextcloud was before: same status: 'Created', not able to start it, same error when I try to modify it.

Thanks for the hint! Now I got it running. For anyone that has been bumping their head to the wall for some time trying to get this running, maybe try this approach!

(One more question: should I worry about the alerts and error messages about LuaJIT?)

I changed the router ports to what you have proposed. Now when I rerun the docker-compose, this is what docker logs -f letsencrypt returns:

Now when I visit https://www.[domain.tld], it gives me the 'Welcome to our server' notice.

This is the docker-compose file I use. (Removed the NC port forwarding).

docker-compose up -d && docker logs -f letsencrypt
    cd /sharedfolders/AppData/Letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs
    cp nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample nextcloud.subdomain.conf
    nano nextcloud.subdomain.conf
    I changed line 19 into:
    server_name cloud.*;
    cd /sharedfolders/AppData/Nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config
    nano config.php

I found it like this:

PHP
    <?php
    $CONFIG = array (
    'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',
    'datadirectory' => '/data',
    );

And left it like this:

docker restart letsencrypt && docker logs -f letsencrypt

and then the nginx: [emerg] "proxy_max_temp_file_size" directive invalid value in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf:29 error just endlessy repeats.

^ C

docker restart nextcloud

When I visit https://domain.tld now I get an error: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Now I try to get rid of the max file size error.
    nano /sharedfolders/AppData/Letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf

Change line 29 to
    proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m;

docker restart letsencrypt && docker logs -f letsencrypt returns:

- You could try out this docker compose way from macoms tutorial. Just to try out different ways as long as yours dont work.
    forum.openmediavault.org/index…g-OMV-and-docker-compose/

Hi, I am trying to get things going with the Docker compose file. I do have to say that I've never been closer to a successful set up then at the moment. But I still am not able to get it running as expected. In docker logs -f letsencrypt I get the following error:

This is really strange... Now when I visit http://[domain.tld] or http://[public_ip] the address in the browser is changed to https://_ . When I go to https://[domain.tld] or https://[public_ip] I get an certification warning, when I choose to go on I enter Nextcloud. This is the situation wherein i have enabled port forwarding on my router.

When I disable port forwarding on my router both the http and the https of my domain and public_ip send me to the login page of my router. When I try to run the docker-compose again, docker logs -f letsencrypt returns another error:

This is the docker-compose that I use:

The A-type column of the DNS is referring to the public IP of my server.

The port forwarding is (when on) set up like this:

Code
    Trigger Start Port : 80 [/ 443]
    End Port : 80 [/ 443]
    Translation Start Port : 90 [/ 450]
    Translation End Port : 90 [/ 450]
    Server IP Address : 192.168.1.2
    Protocol : TCP/UDP

BTW I did not make a docker1 user, just using the standard user.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks for the reply!

For some reason my filebrowser showed me the '-'. But it is not there.

Also, when I change the file size to 1024 I get an error in the docker log.

Code
    nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_DHparams("/config/nginx/dhparams.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: DH PARAMETERS)

After changing it back to 2048 I still get errors :) . (Line 29 is as you can see the line whereon the filesize is set)

Code
    nginx: [emerg] "proxy_max_temp_file_size" directive invalid value in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf:29

So... This did not change much.

Alright. Here we are again. It's been such a hassle to install Nextcloud together with Let's Encrypt...

I successfully installed Nextcloud and MariaDB using the TDL video instruction.
    I got DuckDNS running successfully. (For instance, I made a Port Forwarding for my Jellyfin on 8096.)
    I managed to create the Let's Encrypt Certificates.

But I am stuck from there. When I visit my [domain1].duckdns.org, Chromium errors: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I will show all the steps I proceeded and hope someone can help me.

I run OMV on a RockPro64 (4GB RAM).
    OMV version 4.1.25-1 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.4.167-1213-rockchip-ayufan-g34ae07687fce
    Processor: ARMv8 Processor rev 2 (v8l)

-- installing DuckDNS --
    linuxserver/duckdns

# Container name
    duckdns

# Restart Policy
    always

# Environment variables
    PUID = 1000
    PGID = 100
    TZ = Europe/Amsterdam
    SUBDOMAINS = [domain1],[domain2],[domain3],[domain4],[domain5]
    TOKEN = [duckdnstoken]

-- Setting Port Forwarding on the router --
    TCP/UDP
    80 -> 90
    [local_server_ip]

TCP/UDP
    443 -> 450
    [local_server_ip]

-- Add '#' in front of bind-address=0.0.0.0 at /sharedfolders/AppData/Nextclouddb/custom.cnf --

-- Creating lets-net docker network in ssh --
    ~# docker network create lets-net

-- Making changes to Nextcloud container --
    ~# docker network connect lets-net nextcloud

-- installing Let's Encrypt docker image --
    # Container name
    letsencrypt

# Restart Policy
    always

# Port forwarding
    Host Port
    Exposed Port
    443/tcp

Host Port
    Exposed Port

# Environment variables
    PUID = 1000
    PGID = 100
    EMAIL = [mailaddress]
    URL = duckdns.org
    SUBDOMAINS = [domain1],[domain2],[domain3],[domain4],[domain5]
    VALIDATION = http
    TZ = [my_TZ]
    ONLY_SUBDOMAINS = true

# Volumes and Bind mounts
    Host path
    /sharedfolders/AppData/Letsencrypt
    Container path
    /config

# Extra arguments
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN

-- Connect letsencrypt to lets-net network --
    docker network connect lets-net letsencrypt

-- Change /sharedfolders/AppData/Letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.-subdomain.conf --

-- restart Nextcloud container --

-- Change /sharedfolders/AppData/Nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php --

-- restart letsencrypt container

So, my simple question is: where did I go wrong? What am I missing out on?

I continue my monologue this time I think it is working, the problem was too many docker nested into each other
    so I had to change my link
    ln -s /sharedfolders/AppData/data/docker/docker /var/lib/docker
    Well at least I am learning CLI.

Hi, I am trying to do the same as you. It would be handy for me to be able to remove the SD-card out of my RockPro so that I can put new images on it, without having to reinstall all the dockers.

I did the following:

First I created a Shared Folder in webgui: DockerData
    The I ran (as root)
    mv /var/lib/docker /sharedfolders/DockerDataln -s /sharedfolders/DockerData/docker /var/lib/docker

But when I tried to install a new Docker I get the following error message:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" --name="watchtower" --label omv_docker_extra_args="-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock "containrrr/watchtower:latest" 2>&1' with exit code '125': ce4b09904a5cc1ecee4bfe2a82261a3f852e8949b8a9a45768ba9f04ed032790docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: /var/lib/docker/overlay2/42adf7a818ee0fa1dc7ac7f1a5dd209f5669ab56be76ac5e3745375ef9ba7430/merged is not an absolute path or is a symlink: unknown.

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" --name="watchtower" --label omv_docker_extra_args="-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock "containrrr/watchtower:latest" 2>&1' with exit code '125': ce4b09904a5cc1ecee4bfe2a82261a3f852e8949b8a9a45768ba9f04ed032790
    docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: /var/lib/docker/overlay2/42adf7a818ee0fa1dc7ac7f1a5dd209f5669ab56be76ac5e3745375ef9ba7430/merged is not an absolute path or is a symlink: unknown. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

So for some reason it finds it a problem that this is a symlink. How did you get around this?

When I try to login to the web-gui, I get the following error:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I can still login via ssh, but my Docker services are not running.

I found this Reddit thread where someone had the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…d_only_file_system_error/.

When I run mount, it returns.

The problem seems to be on line 6. When I try to fix it as suggested in the reddit thread with mount -o remount,rw /, this is what it returns:

mount: cannot remount /dev/mmcblk0p7 read-write, is write-protected

Does someone else see what is the matter?

OMV version 4.1.23-1 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.4.167-1213-rockchip-ayufan-g34ae07687fce

I am trying to get Let's Encrypt running using this TDL tutorial (

).

(This I kind of a follow-up on: Problems installing Let's Encrypt (with DuckDNS) - [TDL tutorial])

I managed to install the Let's Encrypt container and its certificates. I did get this 'alert' afterwards:

At this point I expected to be able to go to my server address on port 90 and see the "Welcome to our server" message. Instead I got this error in Chromium: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Another clue is that, when I use port forwarding, port 80 and 8096 (jellyfin) can be opened, but 90 isn't getting opened, as if nothing is listening.

What could be the case here?

All the best,

OMV version 4.1.23-1 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524

--

I tried to get Let's Encrypt running with DuckDNS following the TechnoDad tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjAcp8q0W0). Used the linuxserver dockers without any additional tags.

After running the Let's Encrypt docker, and running docker logs -f letsencrypt I get the following output. There we goo now:

--

So I have an idea that this could be an issue with my router settings. My router is a ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A.
    I go to Network Settings > NAT. There I found no existing rules.
    I added two new rules following this scheme:

Service Name : Lets Encrypt (80 [/443])
    WAN Interface : ADSL_via_[ISP]
    WAN IP :
    Trigger Start Port : 80 [/ 443]
    End Port : 80 [/ 443]
    Translation Start Port : 90 [/ 450]
    Translation End Port : 90 [/ 450]
    Server IP Address : 192.168.1.2
    Protocol : TCP/UDP
    I did nothing with the WOL settings.

When I saved the port forwarding for 80->90 I needed to confirm the following:
    Since TCP port 80 is used.
    The router WEB server port will be moved to 8080.

For the 443->450 rule it was:

Since TCP port 443 is used.
    The router HTTPS server port will be moved to 4433.

In both cases I clicked to confirm.

What could be the problem here? Something with my Port Forwarding settings?

All the best,