Beiträge von tannaroo

although i haven't touched my OMV5 setup about about a week ago i started to get monitoring emails about 'connection failed nginx' , 'execution failed nginx' and then about 'execution succeed nginx' and 'connection succeeded nginx'.

i thought it would resovle itself but in the past couple of days the monitoring alert nginx failures/succeedeed are increasing (i.e. happening every hour or so) - is this a reason to be concerned and not sure what is happening?

Code
    systemctl status docker.service

systemctl status containerd.service

I just ran systemctl disable containerd.service to reverse my previous command (from previous post) as docker was not starting automatically - not if I am meant to - but everything is now starting automatically, so hopefully all resolved.

Yes I was able to fix the Docker drive but its not running docker automatically through the boot sequence, so I have to start it manually.

I've running these commands and rebooted but its still not running automatically:

Code
    systemctl enable docker.service
    systemctl enable containerd.service

I don't think you. But you can stop the PLEX container in Portainer and reboot. I think PLEX will not be started then, but not 100% sure.

I've redeployed the Plex stack and it seems to be working now.

My only issue is the Docker drive is not mounting autmotically, which means I have to manually mount the drive, restart Docker manually and then start the containers. Bit cumbersome but if anyone has an idea of how I can fix the Docker drive through the reboot/startup, that would be really helpful?

EDIT: Just noticed this on my bootup sequence regarding the Dockerdrive - not sure if this helps to fix it somehow?

If this is a USB thumb drive it might be failing. SSD would be a better option.

Can you see SMART values of the thumb drive in OMV GUI?

It showing but the status is grey. On the extended information it says the following. But in fairness, it says the some with all of my other 4 drives connected and they are working fine.

Code
    smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [x86_64-linux-5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-17, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

Read Device Identity failed: scsi error unsupported scsi opcode

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

Is the filesystem mounted read only (ro)

grep "[[:space:]]ro[[:space:],]" /proc/mount

I just rebooted again and manually mounted the Docker drive and appear to have Portainer back but one of my containers (Plex) is now not working (says Network is unreachable) even though I can access the files through file explorer.

I feel like its a sinking ship and a full rebuild is going to be required.

EDIT: Do you think the issue I'm having with Docker drive not mounting automatically has something to do why Plex network can not be reached?

All of my other containers are working fine and accessable. I've tried restarting Plex etc but nothing happens. Just says the same:

If the drive contains ext4 filesystem you can try the alternate superblock.

Is this drive connected by USB? I once had this combination of ext4, usb and docker with the same issue. Unfortunately I was not able to fix it, but maybe somebody else has an idea.

Yes my docker is connected with a thumbdrive stick.

I tried the e2fsck commands and it just says cannot continue, aborting.

My docker is running (as I manually mounted) but I can't get to Portainer and it says it not installed and I cant install it.

Check SMART values

smartctl -a /dev/sdx replace x with the correct letter

and run fsck manually from CLI.

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/fsck-command-linux

Thanks Macom - I fixed the hard drive that was causing it to go into emergency mode using thise commands. I then rebooted and it did not go into emergency mode but as it was rebooting another of my hard drives (which was previously fine) - I noticed had failed during bootup to mount. I couldn't take a picture as it went quick.

The hard drive in question has my Docker files but I couldn't seem to fix it using the same command:

EDIT:

So I manually mounted my Docker drive and its running but again my Portainer installation has disappeared. When I try to install it - I get this:

I don't how to because its on a headless setup. But I was able to press Ctrl D to get the web UI back.

But when I try to reboot, it goes back into emergency mode, so I need to press Ctrl D and get the web UI back.

I can access it via putty now so if someone can provide a command of how to get the required logs, I can post here

But I have added a photo of the bootup - one of my external drives does fail but to be honest it always been like that in the past and normally I get to the web UI interface and mount it manually.

And this is the output for that failed drive:

It seems fsck failed with exit status but don't know what this means. But in my ftsab file I have 'nofail' set for this drive.

I've attached a monitor to my computer and I'm in emergency mode.

I tried to exit from it but everytime it reboots it goes back into emergency mode.

How can I get it to reboot normally, so I can access again via the Web UI?

I tried to reboot and it kept saying 'An error has occurred'.

I switched the computer off and tried to reboot that way. Now I can't even get access via Putty. Seems a major fatal error.

It was working fine about an hour ago. Did an update and now .....

Some days I wish I never met this love affair - OMV.

Hi,

I just upgraded to OMNV 5.6.19 (edited) and then noticed Portainer is no longer installed (so can not access the Portainer Web UI).

I tried to install again and error came up saying it couldn't install - it just shows the Status as 'Created'.

I dont what has happened following the update to 5.6.19?

Cannot imagine how this could happen. Are you sure it was in this sequence? I could imagine that UrBackup starts the job. Then overheating or something else made the filesystem fail. But it is only speculation.

Maybe you can find some information in the log files (syslog) around the time the issue occurred.

I've just unmounted all drives, deleted the files again and remounted all of the drives which are showing online.

Overnight the backup should run, so will see what happens.

EDIT: I've just run a file backup and my systemdrive storage is going up whereas the datadrive (where it should be going) is staying at the same level. I've checked the urbackup container and it should be going to the datadrive. So its happening again

Did you mount the filesystem on the drive using the GUI of OMV?

In that case monit should give you a warning when the filesystem is not mounted and you should receive an email (if you have notifications enabled).

Check if the drive is mounted after a reboot. Sometimes USB connected drives are not mounted, as they are not ready when the system wants to mount them during boot.

You can check this with mount on the CLI or in the GUI of OMV.

Yes all of the drives were mounted through the GUI (as I receive emails). I left it with all mounted drives last night but overnight when urbackup ran it filled up the system drive first and then when that was full it reverted to the data drive

Its happened again - my system drive has filled up while my backup program (urbackup) has been running.

The backup is set to an external data drive which has plenty of available storage. I've checked everything in urbackup container and it should be heading to the external drive but for some reason its failing the mountpoint and filling up the system drive. I can access the external hard drive through windows explorer so the hard drive is fine.

EDIT: I should add the when using ncdu the file size is much smaller than what is showing in the webUI again. The backup is working still and it filling up the datadrive, so it feels like it first goes to the system drive and when that is full, it reverts to the datadrive rather than the other way.

Any ideas to fix?

/srv is a directory located on the system drive root. Below this directory are subdirectories. Some of these subdirectories have names representative of the data hard drives. These subdirectories are mount points where the data drives are mounted to.

So am I right in saying if datadrive 1, datadrive 2 etc are unmounted then /srv/datadrive 1 & /srv/datadrive2 etc should be completely empty?

cd /srv

and then post the output of du -hd1

and the one of lsblk

I ended up using ncdu and found some files in /srv even though all of the data drives were not mounted, so I deleted them to free up space.

I understand that when a data drive unmounts for any reason the files are copied onto the OS drive.

What I don't understand is does OMV create a directory called /srv on the system drive as opposed to the mounted data drives (which are also /srv), hence the confusion?

Did you unmount all data drives? What is the content of /srv after you unmounted the data drives?

ls -al /srv

root@omv:~# ls -al /srv

total 60

drwxr-xr-x 15 root root 4096 May 14 17:08 .

drwxrwxr-x 21 root root 4096 Aug 14 08:28 ..

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jul 21 2020 5abca6fb-5bf9-42da-8cf1-3f5e1381ff9 5

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jul 21 2020 9b151806-f786-4611-8289-29b12d8a575 6

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jul 21 2020 a222ea17-b53b-42a2-8278-3a7321364d3 1

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jul 21 2020 d97deb01-7286-4661-b6d7-520fa715fe4 3

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 31 15:38 dev-disk-by-label-Chimp

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 14 14:39 dev-disk-by-label-Elephant

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 3 2020 dev-disk-by-label-Hippo

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 3 2020 dev-disk-by-label-Monkey

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 May 14 14:40 dev-disk-by-uuid-02202802-36c8-4e4e -a5a4-82cab00ceb70

drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp nogroup 4096 Oct 22 2020 ftp

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 14 08:27 pillar

drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Aug 14 08:27 salt

This is the output but not sure if this is normal - all drives have now been unmounted.