Posts by bembes

many thanks for your help.

I ran the steps from the link from post 1 after your commands and seems it has worked well.

Dockers are running also and first look is promising.

Now need to check how to get the RTL8125b working.

I ran your command with above results.

Then I did: apt --fix-broken install

Then I ran the script again and now ran through with different result (it took like 15 mins)

I uploaded omv.txt (seems not to be the complete stuff).

should I go on with the instructions or any other tipp?

Files

• omv.txt

(119.56 kB, downloaded 169 times, last: )

Hi,

I added a PCIe 2.5Gb network card with RTL8125b chipset (Delock)

But I am not able to add it to the network interfaces. I only see three veth interfaces to select which differ each time I am starting up.

I followed the instructions here:

RE: W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw

3 files are new there: rtl8125a-3.fw, rtl8125b-1.fw and rtl8125b-2.fw

But still I cannot add the additional network card...this card should have a direct link to a second network card in my PC to optimize transfers.

PCIe Mode is set to auto in the j4105 Bios

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

ok, I saw also that my Plex Server was reset and then I saw that basically all docker images where reset.

So I reinstalled my OMV4 image with Clonezilla and everything is back to normal...all configs there...and also cloudcmd normal.

Perhaps it had something to to switching to proxmox?

Hi,

I just updated to OMV5 via the instructions which went pretty smooth (on second try).

Now I wanted to upgrade to a 2.5Gb RTL8125B network card. I found a thread which I was not able to tackle because of this one:

I am running cloud commander via docker, but strangly I don't see (almost) any files. I set exactly the same privileges and ACL configs for all shared folders.

For "config" I see all all files and folders, but for the others not, with the exception, that I can see the "Downloads" path in the "Share" drive (without contents). The difference I saw, that "config" had read/write checked for user docker...I changed that for "share" but no change. (see below read/write is set for everyone).

The same thing when I connect via Filezilla from Windows client.

I don't have any problems in the windows explorer, but of course cannot move the RTL driver to the needed folder from there.

ACL is read/write for everybody, so no restrictions currently.

I did use Cloudcmd on OMV a while ago, but never had problems.

Thanks for your ideas.

Thanks, but it did not solve my problems completely:

- yes I did a backup of the OS Drive to the Data Drive

- I was not able to clone the 275GB (not 256GB btw) drive to the 240GB new drive

--- neither with disk to disk option (disk size too small)

--- neither with restore image (restoring to new disk)

Total occupied image size is ~16GB

Any other options?

Hi,

my NAS (based on a j4105) was running pretty well for a year now with OMV4. I saw the possibility of upgrading to OMV5 with a script.

To be on the save side, I wanted to create a backup copy of my system disk.

I found this instructions from Techno Dad:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The problem is: OMV is currently on a 256GB SSD and I just bought a only 240GB, and since it is a byte by byte copy the new one is too small I assume?

Do I need then go over clonezilla and follow this rather old instructions here?

RE: How to move OMV system to another drive

Or could I follow Techno Dads instructions like for the SD card with a external USB housing?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Windows did not recognize the drive with a letter after the failed DD (Option 1) try and also was not able to delete the volume in disk management.

If this approach would work I could swap the main disk to the 240GB and then create the automatic task like in the Option 1.

I would be happy for an advice this. Since my kids series are on the data drive and also the PVR is saving there, I only have a limited "window of opportunity" :-)

Thanks in advance.