Posts by FragoulisNaval

good day all,

today, after performing an automatic security update, i received the following warning message:

cryptsetup: WARNING: The initramfs image may not contain cryptsetup binaries
    nor crypto modules. If that's on purpose, you may want to uninstall the
    'cryptsetup-initramfs' package in order to disable the cryptsetup initramfs
    integration and avoid this warning

Attached you may find the e-mail i received about it.

• Is this something to worry about?
    • What should be done in order not to receive this warning in the future?

As always, thank you all for your support.

omv.pdf

Good question. Maybe search for experience of other users using this type of drive on Linux with and without ntfs. Or check which controller is used in that device and search for that controller here or in other forums.

Sorry for not being more specific. Maybe others chime in.

I did the format in EXT4 and I am still receiving the same error. I guess it has to do with the usb-sata-controller. Oh well, I will see if I can return to back, else I will have to find another solution.....

Good question. Maybe search for experience of other users using this type of drive on Linux with and without ntfs. Or check which controller is used in that device and search for that controller here or in other forums.

Sorry for not being more specific. Maybe others chime in.

As always, thank you for your time. I will give it a try and see what happens.

I would try to wipe the drive and create an ext4 filesystem.

The reason I wanted a NTFS is that I would like to clone the drive, once the initial backup has been created, on another drive I keep at work (we are using win10 there) and the hard drive is already NTFS.

If I reformat it in EXT4, then I won't be able to do that.

Is it absolutely sure that if I reformat under NTFS, I will stop receiving the error?

Good day gentlemen,

Today I have purchased a new 1TB external HDD drive in order to use it as a backup drive for Duplicate. When I connect it to my system, I receive the following error:

"Device '/dev/sdf' does not exist."

I attached a screenshot with the error details herebelow:

However, under Storage--> File systems, I see the drive and I have the ability to mount it.

the drive is formatted in NTFS, maybe this is the reason I receive the error?

Your insights please as to if I can use the drive normally or not.

That did the trick!

Thank you!

A side question: Should I enable the community-maintained updates or not?

Thank you for your reply.

I have another working USB drive that has 5.6.13 on it. If i copy the source list from this one and paste it to the USB drive with the version 5.6.4, wouldn't it work?

Target Sources (contrib/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list:2

First thing I would try is cleaning up your sources list. Reboot and attempt it again.

Thank you for your reply but how should I do that?

use apt-clean from OMV-extras and run omv -update again?

Or it would be better if I run apt-get clean && apt-get update?

Dear all good day,

I am having problem updating an old usb flash drive running OMV 5.6.4-1 to the current 5.6.13-1. I receive the following error message:

Can anyone recognise where the problem lies and suggest how to fix it? Should I use apt-clean from OMV-extras and run omv -update again?

thank you for your reply.

Nginx-Proxy is indeed running trough docker, I thought that by having fail2ban looking at the nextvloug.log file for failed attempts, it might block the ip , regardless of being a dockerized program or not.

I will check the link you provided. Thanks!

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I would like to setup fail2ban to monitor my nextcloud installation.

I have installed the plugin and believe that the attached configuration is correct. Nextcloud is not listening to any report and I am using Nginx proxy manager to reverse proxy the app to port 80

Can someone verify it please?

Hello gentlemen,

The last few days I am seeing that my usb boot drive utilisation is constantly over 65% on average. Is this a sign that the drive is slowly failing and I have to consider its replacement? My Netdata iowait monitors suggests so, since the drive is now a bottleneck for my system.

As an example, I am having constant dropouts when even when I am streaming a 40MB Flac file from my nap to my local streaming device.

This behaviour was absent a week ago...

Any thoughts on the above?

Good day gentlemen,

I would like to setup fail2ban on my server and I would like your recommendations how to best do so.

Below are two screenshots from my server.

The first photo displays what I think I should enable.

Te second photo on the top left corner shows the programs that are currently installed and running. All programs are accessible through the internet through NginxProxyManager. As you can see, fail2ban is not enabled yet on the background.

My question is: Is there anything else I should enable in the first photo that I am missing?

Good day gentlemen,

Today I wanted to start Nginx-Proxy_Manager to play around a little with my recently installed Unifi Controller.

The container refused to start because the port 80 was blinded from another program that was running at the time.

I stopped all running containers leaving only portioner and tried to restart Nginx-Proxy_Manager.

Unfortunately, I received the same error.

After doing some digging, I reached to the attached image.

As you can see, while the web guy says port 82, running omv-firstaid I see port 80.

I tried changing the port from imv-extras to 82 again, and although it says that it changes it, Nginx-Proxy_Manager. still refuses to start, as can be seen from image screenshot 2

Funny thing is that the web gui listens to port 82.

What can be that is binding port 80?

Thank you for your assistance.